Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Member #
    168116
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1
    Device
    Zenithink ZT 180

    Can't access Google.com from ZT 180

    Hi there

    Sorry but I am new to this

    I have a Zenithink ZT 180 with android 2.2 on it. I have had it for at least a year with no problems at all. In the last week or 2, I cannot access Google.com search at all. It just seems to freeze and does nothing.

    I can access Google.co.uk and search the web through there, but if I want to access anyhting on the google.com server i.e email login etc. I am asked to login and then get this message come up

    "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporay problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer Care"

    I did a Factory Reset and this has made no difference. I have tried it on a Tetherred phone access and it still doesn't solve it so isn't my internet broadband provider

    Can anyone help me please


  2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Super Moderator
    Points: 18,881, Level: 87
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First Class 10,000 Experience Points Recommendation Second Class 1 year registered 5,000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster

    Member #
    77592
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Posts
    4,452
    Thanked
    842 times
    Points
    18,881
    Level
    87
    Device
    Transformer Prime & TF700
    Welcome to the forum

    When you did the factory reset, and set it back up, did it reinstall all the apps? (There is an option at setup to not sync with Google).

    If it stayed with no apps installed after the reset I'm stumpted, but if your apps installed again there may be a problem, especially if one of those apps was intended to help with tethering. The only other thing I can suggest is another factory reset as the first one may have been incomplete.
    Locked out of your Tablet? - Printing from an Android tablet (or phone) - Connecting to the Internet with no WiFi - Move/copy/cut/paste files to and from your tablet - WiFi connection issues - Getting Flash Player
    TF201 & TF700 (stock) with dock, .

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Member #
    169022
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1
    Device
    ZT180
    Quote Originally Posted by andypandy581 View Post
    Hi there

    Sorry but I am new to this

    I have a Zenithink ZT 180 with android 2.2 on it. I have had it for at least a year with no problems at all. In the last week or 2, I cannot access Google.com search at all. It just seems to freeze and does nothing.

    I can access Google.co.uk and search the web through there, but if I want to access anyhting on the google.com server i.e email login etc. I am asked to login and then get this message come up

    "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporay problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues call customer Care"

    I did a Factory Reset and this has made no difference. I have tried it on a Tetherred phone access and it still doesn't solve it so isn't my internet broadband provider

    Can anyone help me please

    I have the exact same problem! The ZT 180 worked great for more than a year and now anything that has to do with Google does not work. That includes Market! I am still hunting for a fix. I'll post the answer if I find it. Thanks.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,402, Level: 21
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    170614
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    166
    Thanked
    39 times
    Points
    1,402
    Level
    21
    Device
    Zenithink
    Edit the /system/etc/hosts file and delete all the lines but the first one.... Clear the cache and data (via Settings) of any apps that were giving you the same problem/error, and then reboot the tablet... It may take some time, and a few reboots, but google stuff should start to work again....

  6. #5
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    68976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11
    Device
    Zenithink ZT180

    Help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by omarahum View Post
    Edit the /system/etc/hosts file and delete all the lines but the first one.... Clear the cache and data (via Settings) of any apps that were giving you the same problem/error, and then reboot the tablet... It may take some time, and a few reboots, but Google stuff should start to work again....
    How do I edit the /system/etc/hosts file. I have no idea how to get to it. I am trying to help my grandson with the ZT180 as he plays all his toddler games on it and now we cannot access anything associated with Google. I did a factory reset which did not help but cleared all the games I downloaded in the past. Appreciate any assistance I can get.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,402, Level: 21
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    170614
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    166
    Thanked
    39 times
    Points
    1,402
    Level
    21
    Device
    Zenithink
    Quote Originally Posted by bpurn1 View Post
    How do I edit the /system/etc/hosts file. I have no idea how to get to it. I am trying to help my grandson with the ZT180 as he plays all his toddler games on it and now we cannot access anything associated with Google. I did a factory reset which did not help but cleared all the games I downloaded in the past. Appreciate any assistance I can get.
    Your tablet needs to be rooted in order to this...

    You need to use a file explorer app (like root explorer which has access after granting it root privileges or ES file explorer where you need to turn on the option in its settings) to navigate there and edit it in a text editor...

    I've also heard ad blocking apps also fixes the issue (as it changes the hosts file)....

    What ROM are you running?

  8. #7
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    68976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11
    Device
    Zenithink ZT180
    Quote Originally Posted by omarahum View Post
    Your tablet needs to be rooted in order to this...

    You need to use a file explorer app (like root explorer which has access after granting it root privileges or ES file explorer where you need to turn on the option in its settings) to navigate there and edit it in a text editor...

    I've also heard ad blocking apps also fixes the issue (as it changes the hosts file)....

    What ROM are you running?
    I don't know. How do I find out? I have looked in the About Device section in settings and do not see anything about ROM.
    I don't know if this info helps: Zenithink ZT-180 model/version 2.2
    Kernel 2.6.32.9
    Root@android #5353
    Build Number ZT180-eng.AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root20110808.120935

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,402, Level: 21
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    170614
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    166
    Thanked
    39 times
    Points
    1,402
    Level
    21
    Device
    Zenithink
    Quote Originally Posted by bpurn1 View Post
    I don't know. How do I find out? I have looked in the About Device section in settings and do not see anything about ROM.
    I don't know if this info helps: Zenithink ZT-180 model/version 2.2
    Kernel 2.6.32.9
    Root@android #5353
    Build Number ZT180-eng.AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root20110808.120935
    Yes, that helps....

    According to your build number, you are on the 0808 ROM, which was only made for the ZT-180 10" v2 tablets (512MB RAM/with Camera/with HDMI out/and with the ES8388 sound chip).... Earlier than the 0808 ROM, the tablets used a 8988 sound chip....

    Most people use UniversalandRoot v1.6.1 with the "Do not install SuperUser" option (do it twice in a row) to root their tablets... I am sure you can find it if you google for it.... If you are familiar with adb, you can load the zImage_adb kernel when you turn on your tablet and try to use adb commands via usb to change the permissions of the su binary files (adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su and adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su) to root the tablet....

    I've also read that someone got around it by just deleteing the hosts file and rebooting the tablet, but I'm not sure if that will work... I've also read people with Linux computers untar the system.tar.bz ROM file, make the changes, and tar the files back up and then reflash their tablet with the altered system.tar.bz file...

  10. #9
    Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered 31 days registered 3 months registered 1 year registered 100 Experience Points

    Member #
    68976
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    11
    Device
    Zenithink ZT180
    Quote Originally Posted by omarahum View Post
    Yes, that helps....

    According to your build number, you are on the 0808 ROM, which was only made for the ZT-180 10" v2 tablets (512MB RAM/with Camera/with HDMI out/and with the ES8388 sound chip).... Earlier than the 0808 ROM, the tablets used a 8988 sound chip....

    Most people use UniversalandRoot v1.6.1 with the "Do not install SuperUser" option (do it twice in a row) to root their tablets... I am sure you can find it if you google for it.... If you are familiar with adb, you can load the zImage_adb kernel when you turn on your tablet and try to use adb commands via usb to change the permissions of the su binary files (adb shell chmod 6755 /system/bin/su and adb shell chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su) to root the tablet....

    I've also read that someone got around it by just deleteing the hosts file and rebooting the tablet, but I'm not sure if that will work... I've also read people with Linux computers untar the system.tar.bz ROM file, make the changes, and tar the files back up and then reflash their tablet with the altered system.tar.bz file...
    I appreciate your response but it lost me. I will try to google for the file you mentioned but I have no idea what the rest is. I have tried to google the problem for 3 days now and have not had much success. With the various terms you used, I will google them to see if I can get further explanations and instructions. Needless to say I can work on a computer with software but when it gets into the guts of the matter I am at best a newby.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Points: 1,402, Level: 21
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 3 months registered 250 Experience Points

    Member #
    170614
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    166
    Thanked
    39 times
    Points
    1,402
    Level
    21
    Device
    Zenithink
    Quote Originally Posted by bpurn1 View Post
    I appreciate your response but it lost me. I will try to google for the file you mentioned but I have no idea what the rest is. I have tried to google the problem for 3 days now and have not had much success. With the various terms you used, I will google them to see if I can get further explanations and instructions. Needless to say I can work on a computer with software but when it gets into the guts of the matter I am at best a newby.
    Sorry about that....

    You should be good to go once you root your tablet with UniversalandRoot v1.6.1.... You could also try googling for the apk for ES File Explorer or Root Explorer also, although Root Explorer is a paid app, but there is no way for you to purchase it unless you get Google stuff working again... Think you can get ES File Explorer from here - Search Results - Android Drawer After you root your tablet, install it, then go into it's settings and enable the root access options (once you enable it you should get a SuperUser prompt, you should tap on Allow)....

    Maybe with some research you'll find an easier way to do it, but this is the only way I know how....


 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I Figured Out How To Access Google Contacts With Android Tablet
    By ksmithdc in forum Android Tablet Usage, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 10:36 AM
  2. onda v712 cant access google / play
    By sawliza in forum Android Tablet Q&A
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 04:05 AM
  3. Access Google Play with Nonbranded Tablet
    By DHL in forum Android Tablet Apps
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 10:07 AM
  4. Google Play Store can not access
    By LadyAKA in forum Pandigital Novel
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 04:01 PM
  5. Gapps on Viewpad 10 with full access to Google Market
    By RckyBobby in forum Viewsonic Tablets
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 02:40 AM

Search tags for this page

Zt180

,

google not loading on zt-180

,
z-180 tablet can not connect to google server
,
zenithink doesn't work with google play
,

zenithink zt-180 google

,

zt 180 not connecting to google

,

zt-180 will not connect to google

,
zt180 cant connect to google
,

zt180 cant connect to internet

,

zt180 google play

,

zt180 google playstore

,
zt180 internet not working
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Android Tablets.net is not affiliated or associated with Google, Android Project or any of the device manufacturers listed on this site.
We are simply an enthusiast site.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.