Register Hello & Welcome to AndroidTablets.net, is this your first visit?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thanks Tree2Thanks

Thread: Your thoughts on the ePad 2 Android 2.2 (512MB RAM), 1GHz 10" tablet

Junior Member Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    zt-180 droid 2.2
    Qluless...Looks like you've been doing very well with this pad. Just got mine this week and can't seem to find a way to kill the phone apk without rooting the Epad 2 (ZT-180). I'm still a newbie on android and this 2.2 tablet but was curious if you knew of an apk killer program to shut off the phone (which obviously has no purpose on this machine) so that 80% of the battery usage doesn't go to running the "phone". I'll give your flash installer a try. It wouldn't install from the download folder. Also, have you been able to get the full size USB port to work? Thanks for all your help. AOSP 20110312

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Circuit advertisement

1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    I received my ZT - 180 and charged it all day as requested.. I turned it on and all seems ok. However, the challenge I am getting is that it keeps hanging and I have to do a Reset all the time. Kindly let me know how to resolve this and also if there are some things I need to do to make the tablet work correctly and easily.
    Thanks

250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    ZT180 10.2" Android 2.2 1Ghz 512Ram
    Hey All!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad that I could offer assistance to you guys! I've been using my ePad for about 2 weeks now. It's been going well needless to say.. I'm satisfied with it, have had a couple of freezes while working on office pro BUT amazingly this tablet has document recovery, that's great! I've completely set it up to my life and I highly recommend Gtunes if you are having problems with not being able to shut down the stock music player.

@ezreider - so I've been having the same issue. I've been looking for an app that shuts down that cell standby which I to discovered. It's been a bit challanging, no app is able to bring the tablet into "airplane mode". I'm off to search the internet and will post the results that I find when something works, should take me a couple of days because I'm busy with various projects but we will find a solution! We may need to upgrade to 3.0 but lets see if we can avoid that for now.

@Chucant - what exactly do you mean by hanging? Are you having problems shutting it down or does it keep freezing on ya? Have you downloaded any programs just yet? Advanced Task Manager (not task killer) is a great app shutdown program. It's good to keep an eye on it when you notice your battery dying. Shut down programs and services that you aren't using and you will notice the memory and battery life improving. This may help with the freezing/hang time. Services usually drain your tablet.

I'm hoping that the 3.0 upgrade may actually take care of alot of these issues considering that it's a build primarily for tablets.

Back soon!

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 1 year registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

Member #
    Level
    Device
    Velocity Cruz, Viewsonic Gtablet
    How is the touchscreen functioning? I bought an Arnova and had to return it, the touchscreen was driving me crazy. Would not scroll very well and it would click on links that I did not like. I even tried using a pointer. I'm interested in the model ZT180.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Zenithink zt180 Gen 2 4Gb + 16Gb 512mb RAM 1Gb 10.1" screen
    @ezreider: When I killed the phone, it screwed up the tablet. I had to restart it.

To root your tablet, search for and download an app called "universal androot". You should find directions on how to use it on the page you download it from. As I remember, you have to delete the app "superuser" if its on your tablet (mine came with it installed on the tablet) before running universal androot. Its really easy to do. Then I would get and install Gemini App Manager from market. Best app manager out there IMHO. You can control every aspect of your apps, including autorun (programs that run automatically). It was when I stopped the phone and dialer apps from autorunning that my tablet lost connectivity. Now I just leave it installed but not engaged. You can stop the phone app from engaging in settings.

500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Second Class

Member #
    Device
    Zenithink zt180 Gen 2 4Gb + 16Gb 512mb RAM 1Gb 10.1" screen
    Quote Originally Posted by qluless View Post
    I'm hoping that the 3.0 upgrade may actually take care of alot of these issues considering that it's a build primarily for tablets.
    Unfortunately, even the Gen. 2 zt180's in all likleyhood will be unable to run 3.0. They are quite simply just too under-powered.

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    WonderMedia 8650
    anyone know if the v2's are two-point touch (aka pinch zoom aka FAKE multi touch) or if they are only one point touch or not?

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    Device
    epad
    the manmual I retrieved from under the foam tray is 10 small pages which tell you basically where to turn on/off, where usb cable and charger plug in, but not much else. I've just kinda been pokin around. I have an epad android 2.2 tablet. would like an owners manual tho.......any suggestions??

100 Experience Points 31 days registered 7 days registered

Member #
    I have a epad Zt 180 with android 2.2. I have a problem with the wifi. At home it works but at work it is not connecting. I have read in other forums that this was an problem since long. Can I do anything to get it to work on all nets?

Senior Member Achievements:
    1,000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points 3 months registered

Member #
    Device
    WonderMedia 8650
    Quote Originally Posted by soltner59 View Post
    How is the touchscreen functioning? I bought an Arnova and had to return it, the touchscreen was driving me crazy. Would not scroll very well and it would click on links that I did not like. I even tried using a pointer. I'm interested in the model ZT180.
    The Resistive touch screen is remarkably responsive. Though it is only one point touch, thats the only draw back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads: