10.2" 8000MAH Battery Android 2.2 Froyo 512MB 4GB/8GB FlyTouch 3 SuperPad 3 ePad WiFi

Quiltface

Aug 22, 2011
So I am pretty interested in this tablet, I work in IT and the fact that it has an ethernet jack on it appeals to me. I like how Ill be able to plug it into my network and run tests/monitor/scan etc... I just had a question, this Aliexpress is the only place Ive seen with a 8000mah battery next closest thing is Ankaka which has a 7600mah battery. My questions are

1.) Is there much of a difference between battery life you think?
2.) Which dealer is better to buy from?
3.) If one of them is a fake FT3... does that really mean anything... will it prevent me from installing Apps on it that a real FT3 will be able to....how about firmware?

I have been looking at this thing for a while and I keep getting nervous about buying it because it is a somewhat risky buy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
OK I got mine from Alieexpress when they accepted paypal which gave me a slight feeling of security, I recently went to order something from them and they no longer allow paypal payments. So I won't be using them anymore. As far as the other items the battery life shouldn't affect it to much, but I can watch roughly 3 2hr movies before mine has had enough. As far as the right dealer can't help much there although I hear Chinagrabber alot, I also see these alot on EBAY (which I would recommend but verify the user ratings and satisfaction levels) and as far as fake FT3 not really sure how to answer that one maybe someone else knows better, but I feel only a handful of suppliers make them and then rebrand or cheapen the parts. Hope this helps I have had very good luck with my tablet, but others ordering from the same vendor were not so lucky.
So I am pretty interested in this tablet, I work in IT and the fact that it has an ethernet jack on it appeals to me. I like how Ill be able to plug it into my network and run tests/monitor/scan etc... I just had a question, this Aliexpress is the only place Ive seen with a 8000mah battery next closest thing is Ankaka which has a 7600mah battery. My questions are

1.) Is there much of a difference between battery life you think?
2.) Which dealer is better to buy from?
3.) If one of them is a fake FT3... does that really mean anything... will it prevent me from installing Apps on it that a real FT3 will be able to....how about firmware?

I have been looking at this thing for a while and I keep getting nervous about buying it because it is a somewhat risky buy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quiltface

Aug 22, 2011
The problem from what I am seeing is that there is mixed reviews everywhere I look. I have heard china grabber is great... then i hear dont touch it with a 10 foot pole.... I was hearing that this ali express is good but somepeople dont like them. Ankaka seems to be the best so far. Dhgate was also split down the middle. Sometimes im an over thinker and i just need to pull the trigger.... but i cant.

Last edited:

amundo

Jun 16, 2011
Good luck, Quiltface, let us know.

Well, I'm still waiting for Alibaba to actually DO ANYTHING about my dispute. As JohnieRW says above, I will never be using them again.

(In fact, I will never buy from a Chinese manufacturer ever again).

P.S. After reading about a buyer who sent his device back for a refund, only to be told it was "lost", I would rather go for a partial refund - at least I hold onto the hardware, instead of nothing at all!!!

Last edited:

Quiltface

Aug 22, 2011
Yeah thats true, as long as it isnt completely useless. I have only bought 1 other Chinese gadget and I had good luck with it. It was a dingoo handheld gaming device... i love that thing is it perfect? no. but i knew exactly what i was getting into when i bought it.

Quiltface

Aug 22, 2011
Ok so i just got this thing today... came yesterday but i wasnt home. Does anyone else find it really hard to select things with your finger? and when i am typing stuff on the top row of the on screen keyboard do numbers come up for you sometimes?

also i just realized this... anyone else notice like the screen is bubbled up in the middle ever so slightly?

Last edited:

amundo

Jun 16, 2011
Hi Quiltface,

If you still have the protective plastic film layer on, it may be this that's "bubbling".

If you use your fingernail to point, it will work much better (which is why the stylus is almost a must-have).

On my refund attempt, Alibaba did a partial refund for my tablet - still not happy, but you get what you pay for :-(

JohnnieRW, have you flashed new firmware for this sucker??

I'm tempted to open the case and check that both batteries (assuming 2 x 4000maH = 8000maH) are connected, maybe only one is connected giving me the less-than-stellar battery life that JohnnieRW reports?

Quiltface

Aug 22, 2011
no the plastic cover is off... i tried to explain this to ankaka and they insisted i was wrong about it... wanted me to send them a picture... well you cant see it only feel it. however using a stylus works alot better and today i bought a screen protector for an Acer iconia and just had to cut out the spot for the button and the camera and it seems to work a little better but i can still feel the "bubble"

i am getting happier with the product i found some network tools that all work well... i can plug in a keyboard and mouse and those work well. i cant get you tube to work... browsing the internet is a little bothersome but i really didnt buy it for that.

for those of you who have the keyboard case is it worth it? or should i just buy a sleeve to tote it around in?

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Amundo-I have been updating the ROM (Currently TIMS5A) , but have done nothing with the Firmware. And I did open my case when I first got my unit to verify the batteries and eventually the verified the 8GB of memory to be true also. Currently I am still getting stellar runs times when watching movies and such the sound isn't the greatest but have external speakers to make it more than usable.

Hi Quiltface,

If you still have the protective plastic film layer on, it may be this that's "bubbling".

If you use your fingernail to point, it will work much better (which is why the stylus is almost a must-have).

On my refund attempt, Alibaba did a partial refund for my tablet - still not happy, but you get what you pay for :-(

JohnnieRW, have you flashed new firmware for this sucker??

I'm tempted to open the case and check that both batteries (assuming 2 x 4000maH = 8000maH) are connected, maybe only one is connected giving me the less-than-stellar battery life that JohnnieRW reports?

ancjob

Jul 31, 2011
i have this flytouch 3 superpad 2 32gb version when it worked it worked great & the battery died in 3 months and chinagrabber will not provide support finally bought acer iconia w500 which is fantastic...
with the bitter experience - i advise no one 'd buy these china/HK tablets unless u r a resident local or you have a lot of money to squander

for outside world the china/HK manufacturers are non existent and no support from them if issues encountered.....goto ******** forums to learn of horror stories regd. *****************

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
i have this flytouch 3 superpad 2 32gb version when it worked it worked great & the battery died in 3 months and chinagrabber will not provide support finally bought acer iconia w500 which is fantastic...
with the bitter experience - i advise no one 'd buy these china/HK tablets unless u r a resident local or you have a lot of money to squander

for outside world the china/HK manufacturers are non existent and no support from them if issues encountered.....goto ******** forums to learn of horror stories regd. *****************

Wow sorry for your bad luck! Mine is still going strong! I do agree with the support it is fairly non existent and expensive if it has to go back! But again i have had no issues after almost 8 months or so.

Sent from my DISCO10 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 15, 2012
Did this thread quit? I was looking forward to more This is one of the best around..Johnierw Quiltface and amundo give us some update being it has been a while and how has it been...
I bought one of eBay a few weeks go and it is not no good...
Please do some follow up`s

Thanks
Billy.

Johnierw

May 20, 2011
Wow didn't think it was that great great, but here is where I stand my FT3 is still going strong, but wanted more so I got a Novo Elf which is awesome! BUT I couldn't leave well enough alone and during an update it hiccupped and now I am stuck at a Ainol boot screen!!! Well back to the FT3 for a while!! Glad you liked the posts!!!
Did this thread quit? I was looking forward to more This is one of the best around..Johnierw Quiltface and amundo give us some update being it has been a while and how has it been...
I bought one of eBay a few weeks go and it is not no good...
Please do some follow up`s

Thanks
Billy.

amundo

Jun 16, 2011
Didnt know anyone was still reading this thread!

I neglected to mention that the ethernet port
on mine never worked.

As has been said before you get what you pay for and I'll never buy an asian device again

Still havent ripped the case off to see whats inside...one day...
Sent from my GT-P1000T