10" Apad from Propad.dk Wi-fi fail?

Magnus

Jan 13, 2011
Hey there.
Today i got my 10" apad from propad.dk, running 800 mhz, 256 mb ram, and android 2,1.
On the specs there stood it have wi-fi.

Now - how the hell do i connect? Apparently when i try to search for a wi-fi connection it says "Couldn't search for internet". I'm well annoyed.

PS. My wi-fi is working on my laptop (where im writing this from).

Help appreciated.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well if it doesn't connect, it might be dead or arrival, which is certainly a possibility. Try asking Propad.dk for help.

It should work out of the box, given that you enable Wifi within settings. It may have to do with your router settings.

The webpage indicates a Telechips TCC8902, so the thing should not be that bad...

RobinP

Jan 14, 2011
Hey there.
Today i got my 10" apad from propad.dk, running 800 mhz, 256 mb ram, and android 2,1.
On the specs there stood it have wi-fi.

Now - how the hell do i connect? Apparently when i try to search for a wi-fi connection it says "Couldn't search for internet". I'm well annoyed.

PS. My wi-fi is working on my laptop (where im writing this from).

Help appreciated.

I just bought my first Android tablet [generic]. Still learning about it. The wifi didn't work for me either out the box. Found that it was a problem with my router's [linksys] firmware even though several laptops connect fine. Updated the router's firmware and the tablet connected immediately. Good luck.

Magnus

Jan 13, 2011
Now, i know that i might be sounding like an absolute noob - but, how do i update then firmware? haha.
Is it easy - or complicated? I'm not very good at solving router problems tbh.

Magnus

Jan 13, 2011
Another problem with my Apad - I've downloaded the "Quick App Installer" application, and everything went fine the first 21 games i installed, but when i copy new ".Apk" files onto the same folder as all the other games (that was successfully installed), the Quick App installer can't find them. It keeps saying "21 files found" when there should be like 30+.
Any ideas?

Magnus

Jan 13, 2011
Problem #3. Can't login to router.

Apparently if i go to http://192.168.1.1/ which is to my router, and type in "admin" and "password" as username and password, nothing happens, at all. i just reload the page, with nothing written into username and password.

I 'nor my dad have changed the settings to this.. This is quite annoying :-(