10 inch tablet with built in sim card slot/3g

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi all. I currently have a momo bird 11 but am looking to upgrade.
I'm looking for a 10 inch tablet, quad or dual core with a good battery life running android 4.0 or higher.
It's going to be used to catch the games whilst I'm on the go so I don't really want cables and dongles to deal with.
I've also been warned once by my network for tethering, so that's not an option.
Also needs sd expansion and hdmi out so I can connect to telly when on holidays.
Budget is about $250 max
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited:

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Samsung 10.1" Galaxy Tab 2.
Thanks for your reply, but the 10.1" 3g galaxy tab 2 is at least double my budget.
For that sort of price I'd go for an asus.
I've seen a Sanei n10 but reviews aren't great.
Any other suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You get hit twice getting what you want. The initial cost of getting a tablet with 3G/4G tablet cs. the same tablet without the SIM slot is way out of line, then you pay for a contract on top of that. Use a nano router hotspot - a MiFi hotspot or tether to a phone.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The most popular (and AFAIK only) Asus 3G/4G tablets are the TF300TG and TF300TL are carrier locked to AT&T at least in the US. Not sure that you would want to deal with that carrier specifically. Also, that is a bit out of your price range.

That is a pretty tight budget for getting a tablet with internet capabilities IMO.

I think your best option would be a used or refurbished Galaxy Tab 10.1 or Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 if you can find it.