16 gb or 32 gb?

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Hi,

I was waiting to buy the 32 gig version of the Transformer, but here in the UK it's significantly more expensive and additionally, nobody seems to be bundling it with the keyboard dock (so that's an extra £100!). Is there much advantage to getting the 32 gb model? I'm not a game player or video watcher so I'd anticipate my primary uses would be email, browsing, office-type applications and pdf/ebook reading. Any comments appreciated.

Best,
Mike

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have 3 tablets, plus i am testing the Galaxy 10.1 and the Xoom for Verizon and all are the 16Gb model. For movies I use Netflix and stream my music from google so that is not an issue. I have additional SD cards so if I really need the extra space that is what I use.

Bottom line, for me I don't need a 32Gb model.

Gangrel

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for the reply. As a complete android newbie I was concerned about running aps in from 16 gb. As I understand it (and please correct me if I'm wrong) aps must be run from the tablet's storage rather than an SD card. I was just concerned that 16 gb wouldn't be enough.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
only some apps have to be run from the internal memory, and the new tablets support a lot more from the card. There are a couple of apps (App2SD being the one I am most familiar with) that automate moving apps to the SD Card.

I can tell you from my experience, I have Netflix, QuickOffice, Evernote, Touchdown for Outlook and many other apps running with no issues in my internal memory.