16 gb scan disk problem

jhaskins75

Mar 15, 2012
Straight and to the point. I insert a 16 gb card into the slot and in my setting / storage it list the card as SD Card and it shows in has 14.85 gb space and when I connect my coby kyro 7012 via usb to my computer, my windows explorer folder list the drives in my tablet, so it is being recognized and then I paste let's say a movie to the listed card drive being displayed as " F " and the movie starts to copy to the card. I then eject the drive listed to safely disconnect my tablet from my PC and I open my tablet to the drive listed and the movie is there. I then play the movie via the media player installed on my tablet and here is my problem. When I go to play the movie later on, like the next day, I click onto the listed movie and a window pops up saying, " Unable to play the video " and then I go the settings / storage and view my drive and it is back to showing 14.85 gb. I did not delete the video manually or by mistake, it just is not on the drive ( card ) anymore. Now, am I suppose to take the card out after viewing whats on it as every time I start up my tablet, there is a media scanning feature and would this feature erase the content of my card when I leave it in the slot. All help requested.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Also, try reformatting your card in your PC. I have seen some cards that will do this, but if you format them again it should fix the problem.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Make sure you have formatted the sdcard via phone
Also make sure you allow enough time for movie to copy to sdcard.