2.2 upgrade for viewpad 10 from Viewsonic

AndyChang

Apr 23, 2011
I format the android partition in ntfs so if it doesn't boot or something is wrong I can boot into windows and replace the system.sfs that is in the android partition with the original. you have to remember this is totally different than installing android on a phone, it is virtually impossible to to mess your tablet up. make sure you create a windows recovery disk because there has been a few times that installing android wiped the windows boot.mbr, but a simple recovery fixed it.
oh, then can u post a tutorial? and a recovery tutorial?(incase if i did something wrong.)

smith

Apr 27, 2011
I bought a Viewsonic Viewpad 10 assuming i would be able to upgrade the Android version.
I had gone through the process of installing Android 2.2 from the unofficial android-x86 project. Was a new experience for me starting from scratch. It went in fine. But for some bizarre reason the physical buttons didn't work after that. So with no back button working on Android 2.2 I had to keep plugging in a keyboard to hit escape!!! not ideal :-/

So i was very excited to find your post Rckybobby, and last night put in the official Viewsonic 2.2 version. Went in very smoothly....however I STILL don't have a back button!!!? Am i missing something really really obvious here? I hope so, any clues anyone?

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
I bought a Viewsonic Viewpad 10 assuming i would be able to upgrade the Android version.
I had gone through the process of installing Android 2.2 from the unofficial android-x86 project. Was a new experience for me starting from scratch. It went in fine. But for some bizarre reason the physical buttons didn't work after that. So with no back button working on Android 2.2 I had to keep plugging in a keyboard to hit escape!!! not ideal :-/

So i was very excited to find your post Rckybobby, and last night put in the official Viewsonic 2.2 version. Went in very smoothly....however I STILL don't have a back button!!!? Am i missing something really really obvious here? I hope so, any clues anyone?

The back button is the home button, and if you press and hold the home button it takes you to the home screen. You can always hit the reset button on top next to the fan, it doesnt erase your settings it just resets the hardware.

Last edited:

RckyBobby

Apr 2, 2011
i did update 2.2 but market no there look like 1.6

thats because they cant include the Google apps in with their updates because of legal reasons, if you want the standard Google apps you have to add them yourself.

calcalmx123

May 8, 2011
unless Rovio adds support for the x86 architecture it will never work. installing gapps is a little complicated, it involves using linux, mounting the system.img file, adding the apps then using squashfs4.2 to compress it back to a .sfs file, after that it is as simple as replacing the one you made with the original. if you are still interested I will post a tutorial or I can just post the one I made once I get things ironed out.

I haven't bought the tab yet but I'm looking into it if you could post a tutorial that would be great! I have no experience with android though :/

shuvro

Oct 9, 2011
I format the android partition in ntfs so if it doesn't boot or something is wrong I can boot into windows and replace the system.sfs that is in the android partition with the original. you have to remember this is totally different than installing android on a phone, it is virtually impossible to to mess your tablet up. make sure you create a windows recovery disk because there has been a few times that installing android wiped the windows boot.mbr, but a simple recovery fixed it.

Hi! i need help to fix viewpad 10pro . I formatted the hole partition in ntsf now its not installing from the original DVD not even with pmagic .

Pls Help me to fix the partition with step by step guide .

Attachments

• $photo.JPG
    $photo.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 695
Last edited:

bebear

Nov 20, 2011
hi, i just got my ViewPad 10 few days ago and upgraded it to Android 2.2 but after that the touch screen seem to not working. it work fine if i plug in my mouse and keyboard. can anyone help me on this? thanks

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
hi, i just got my ViewPad 10 few days ago and upgraded it to Android 2.2 but after that the touch screen seem to not working. it work fine if i plug in my mouse and keyboard. can anyone help me on this? thanks

Try reset the device

bebear

Nov 20, 2011
weird....i didn't do or reset the ViewPad 10 and the touch screen suddenly can work when i open it just now. but now got another problem that the top bar, after u drag it down and slide up. it wont auto move to top. hv to manually use finger to drag it till the top and cover the date text then only it hide it but it will block the date. any advice?

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
weird....i didn't do or reset the ViewPad 10 and the touch screen suddenly can work when i open it just now. but now got another problem that the top bar, after u drag it down and slide up. it wont auto move to top. hv to manually use finger to drag it till the top and cover the date text then only it hide it but it will block the date. any advice?

The reset will not affect the operating systems, it is only to restore factory settings like the screen calibration.

I do not know how to solve the top bar problem, but why you want to stay on the 2.2, you can now upgrade to 3.2.

bebear

Nov 20, 2011
The reset will not affect the operating systems, it is only to restore factory settings like the screen calibration.

I do not know how to solve the top bar problem, but why you want to stay on the 2.2, you can now upgrade to 3.2.

actually the touch screen still didn't work. u saying ViewSonic ViewPad 10 can upgrade to Android 3.2?? can teach how? cos in ViewSonic website they only give until 2.2

Ramzi

Nov 6, 2011
actually the touch screen still didn't work. u saying ViewSonic ViewPad 10 can upgrade to Android 3.2?? can teach how? cos in ViewSonic website they only give until 2.2

Forget the Viewsonic. I contacted them, they do not have any plan to upgrade the android for the Vpad 10.

It's easy .. the same way that you used to upgrade to 2.2.
You just need to download the 3.2 iso from the following link:

android-x86-3.2-RC2-tegav2.iso - android-x86 - Android-x86 3.2-RC2 live and installation iso - An open source project to provide android support on x86 - Google Project Hosting

Note: keep in your mind that we are talking about the Viewsonic viewpad 10 dual boot (windows 7 + Android), not viewpad 10s or viewpad pro or any other viewsonic products.