2 things power and anti rooting

mocha33990

Feb 27, 2011
I heard that B&N is trying to stop people from rooting with there new run of Nook color
going to buy one tomorrow help plz

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I'm sure they are if not giving it some though but as long as the Nook Color is using android, it will be very difficult if not impossible to stop rooting on this device. They could show the rooting development down but not stop it. :)

mocha33990

Feb 27, 2011
I dont have the nook color yet getting this week I hope
1 can you use any micro usc cord to charge to a standard USB hub
2 I heard that B & N is trying to stop rooting with there new run of Nook color is this true before I go there a buy a new one
Thanks

Tigagreen

Feb 22, 2011
Not sure about using any micro USB Cord, but my experience is that it is NOT interchangable with the Palm Pre microUSB or LG Optimus micro USB.

I wouldn't think that it would be a good marketing move to try and discourage rooting. There are those that will buy the device for what it is, an eReader and never even know about nootering. Then there are those that will buy it because of what it can be because of nootering. I would suspect they know what they have and will exploit it before the competition, i.e. the anticipated Nook Color App Market. They do need to keep it simple and straight forward for the non-techical user.

Just one noobie nooters opinion...

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I read somewhere that the nook color uses a special cable to allow it to charge with a 1900 mA current. USB 2.0 can't output anywhere near that...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, The nook color has extra pins and charges at a higher rate. Some other micro usb cables might work for data but not likely for charging. At best you can hope that pluggin gthe nook into a powered usb hub or port will slow the drain down or very very slowly charge it. To really charge it you need to use the provided accessories.