3.2.1 not avaiable in system update?

dosma

Nov 8, 2011
Some folks have updated to 3.2.1. My tablet is at 3.2. The system update under settings - about indicates that my system is up to date. Will update 3.2.1 eventually show up under "system update" and is there another way to update to latest android version? I'm not routed.

...don

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Updates roll out by region. For some reason they always start in Australia.
It can take up to three weeks for it to hit north America.

Its not worth getting impatient about because the upgrade is not that significant frfom what I've seen posted here.

Sewal46

Sep 16, 2011
When you do get the update there is one thing to be patient about. During the install phase the progress bar moves smoothly until almost the end. I then seems to freeze. Don't do anything, just wait. It takes a few minutes to move again and complete the install. The automatic restart also seems to take longer than usual. This was my experience and has been reported by other users also. By the way, my location is Brisbane, Australia.

dosma

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks icebike. I'm new to acer and android and in the process of figuring things out. Do all updates, including applications, eventually appear in the systems update folder?

...don

dosma

Nov 8, 2011
thanks for the heads up seawal46. i'm in northern california.

...don

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Do all updates, including applications, eventually appear in the systems update folder?

...don

System updates pop up a notification that an update is available. You don't have to go looking for them.
Application updates are found by launching the Market, then tapping My Apps.

If you use the checkbox on each app in the My apps page of the market to allow automatic updates you don't have to worry about them, they will
normally just install all by themselves.

In neither case, do you need to look into any folder for updates.

dosma

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks icebike for info on updating applications. i just set up auto updating by checking the boxes. i've been looking for a users manual with this kind of detail on android and a500 but without any luck. I have a zip file, found on acer's website, for updating the usb driver. It's presently in my download folder that i don't know how to install. I installed Astro to manage files and it has a zip exrtracter. Will this file become self installing once i unzip it? Also what folder should i unzip it to?

Any help on the above specific issue or pointing to a detailed manual that I could reference would be appreciated?

...don

dosma

Nov 8, 2011
Looks like great android reference material. You have been very helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

thanks,

...don

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

Is 3.2.1 still coming out? I have 3.2 and I know there is not that much change to 3.2.1 but it still would be nice to get it just to make sure my tablet is up to date. Has anyone in the US gotten it?

Gerry

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi ALL,

Is 3.2.1 still coming out? I have 3.2 and I know there is not that much change to 3.2.1 but it still would be nice to get it just to make sure my tablet is up to date. Has anyone in the US gotten it?

Gerry

One of the differences that is noticable between 3.2 & 3.2.1 which is annoying:

no update notification any more. To do this one needs to go to market, then press the "installed" icon (down arrow with line under it). This will take you to your apps screen where you will see the latest updates at the top of your apps list.

I haven't seen if this can be modified - as yet.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
One of the differences that is noticable between 3.2 & 3.2.1 which is annoying:

no update notification any more. To do this one needs to go to market, then press the "installed" icon (down arrow with line under it). This will take you to your apps screen where you will see the latest updates at the top of your apps list.

I haven't seen if this can be modified - as yet.

Hi Douvie,

Thanks for the info. But I'm still wondering if the 3.2.1 update has hit the US yet. Has anyone in the US gotten 3.2.1?

Thanks,
Gerry

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi Douvie,

Thanks for the info. But I'm still wondering if the 3.2.1 update has hit the US yet. Has anyone in the US gotten 3.2.1?

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry the updates usually hit the US about 4 to 6 weeks later - as far as I'm able to guage. It usually hits NZ and Australia first. But the update is issued according to the serial number.

Check with Icebike - he generally will be able to tell you whether 3.2.1 has hit the US.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hi ALL,

Gerry

We haven't heard otherwise, but we also haven't seen many posts from people who got the 3.2.1 update.
You would have expected more people chiming in with "I got mine" posts if this rollout was actually continuing.
In the past Acer has quietly halted rollouts to do fixes etc.

I'd really like to get the new market app which supports music purchases (in the states), but apparently that is all
bundled in the new release, and I haven't seen that release either.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
We haven't heard otherwise, but we also haven't seen many posts from people who got the 3.2.1 update.
You would have expected more people chiming in with "I got mine" posts if this rollout was actually continuing.
In the past Acer has quietly halted rollouts to do fixes etc.

I'd really like to get the new market app which supports music purchases (in the states), but apparently that is all
bundled in the new release, and I haven't seen that release either.

Hi Icebike,

That's what I kind of figured but just wanted to see if anyone in the US got it yet.

Thanks,
Gerry