3.2 Invalid Update

LanceThruster

Jul 8, 2011
I've tried installing the 350MB 3.2 update 4 times now and I'm getting 'invalid update' every time.

my tablet is not rooted, an with NZ's crap internet, all this retrying is killing me.

Any ideas on how I can get this update to take?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I've tried installing the 350MB 3.2 update 4 times now and I'm getting 'invalid update' every time.

my tablet is not rooted, an with NZ's crap internet, all this retrying is killing me.

Any ideas on how I can get this update to take?

Yeah, my daughter has the same problem. I had no problems with mine. Any ideas anyone. Her tablet is not rooted either, nor is mine or my wife's. My wife has not done her update yet.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
yy
Was the update the offical Acer update??? If not, that may be the reason for rejection.

Yes, as LanceThruster said, it is the official ACER update. Acer_a500_7.006.03_COM_GEN1. 12 hours before it installed fine on mine. My daughter has tried 3 times. I wounder if there has been some corruption in the update download file. All our tablets here are stock standard - they have not been rooted.
:confused:

insane

Sep 17, 2011
I had the same issue with my NZ one, after about 6 failed attempts i force closed all non system applications and the upgrade went through without issue

LanceThruster

Jul 8, 2011
I had the same issue with my NZ one, after about 6 failed attempts i force closed all non system applications and the upgrade went through without issue

Just tried that, thanks. still failed for me though.
I might have to do a full factory reset and then try again...... :confused:

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Doing a Factory Reset is easy.

Just follow the instructions carefully in updating your Tablet.

But first, a Friendly Question (Also reminder):

Did you completed the required date neede and register your Tablet on Acer website?

Maybe that's the reason why you didn't get the update successfully via OTA even it's official.

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Doing a Factory Reset is easy.

Just follow the instructions carefully in updating your Tablet.

But first, a Friendly Question (Also reminder):

Did you completed the required date neede and register your Tablet on Acer website?

Maybe that's the reason why you didn't get the update successfully via OTA even it's official.

2ikbdyh.gif

Yeah registered all three tabs the same day. The solution to the problem is to do a Cache clear and a full reset. After this no problem - my daughter's tab updated fine.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
This latest update took 4 tries to crack it. 3.1 went in on first try. Unrooted Aussie here with slow 1500k net access!

koorpen

Jun 12, 2011
Yeah registered all three tabs the same day. The solution to the problem is to do a Cache clear and a full reset. After this no problem - my daughter's tab updated fine.
Is it really necessary to do a full reset (starting all over installing apps :( ) and what about "Just follow the instructions carefully in updating your Tablet." Have I missed something re instructions cause I haven´t seen any more instructions as those coming with the upgrade (if you can call that instructions).

koorpen

Jun 12, 2011
Tried now 5_6 times to update, all failed. Cleared cache and factory reset done (CRM) unrooted but as I said, update failed:mad: every time.
I updated the kernel a while ago, could that be the problem? (2.6.36.4 thor v1.15)

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Ya Think?!!??

Come on!

You HAD to know when you updated the kernel that this was going to happen. Why act so surprised?

Hmmm.... glad my A100 came with 3.2 and also glad i did not update kernel.. I'm rooted though, would that stop my update to 4.0 IceCream Sandwich when it comes out?

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2