3.2 update available

dwarthog

Oct 22, 2011
Checked for downloads this morning and an update for 3.2 showed up.

It is being installed now.

Did some poking around and didn't find out too much info with regards to what this update is about.

Anyone got the scoop on what this brings to the table?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
lots of reports of the wifi problems -
i guess I'll stick with my Task650 3.2 ROM for the time being

Well, results are not good.

The update has fubar'ed WiFi somehow.

It appeared to be working but after powering off then back on, it indicated the update failed and will no longer connect via WiFi.

I would say to hold off a bit on performing this update for a bit.

dwarthog

Oct 22, 2011
Ok, worked with Samsung support for a bit.

Nothing like being the first one to give a new update a test run. (Other folks were calling in with the same problem)

It would appear that DHCP is dented in some way.

We were able to configure a static IP connection so now I am at least able to connect via WiFi.

I have no idea on what the state of the upgrade is however. Tablet seems to be "ok" outside of the wifi issue and is reporting 3.2 as the current version level.

No doubt more discoveries will be taking place as this problem get resolved.

dwarthog

Oct 22, 2011
Just received a call from Samsung re this issue.

The only way to resolve is to send the tablet in to a service center to be reloaded.

Damn amazing in this day and age.

Just to vent a little, as my first Samsung product, this put a severe dent in their reputation from my perspective.

Hopefully not too many other people ran into this mess.

mbo1951

Jul 10, 2011
I am guessing that Samsung pulled the update. I checked today, and nothing was there. I am not impressed with how Samsung supports their tablets and phones with updates. The company seems to wait way too long, and then when they issue an update, it is not a good one. Sorry folks had problems with theirs.

On other tablets, this update was to improve the ability to scale non-HD apps on the tablets and also to provide speed improvements.

And, I agree! Support out troops. <G>

dand911phx

Nov 26, 2011
Updated from 3.1 (KME) to 3.2 (KMM) yesterday, via USB and Kies on Win7 PC.

Directions were clear, installed without any hiccups, and 0 (zero) problems afterward with WiFi, auto rotate, or anything being reported by others on this board. 35 minutes start to finish. I had taken a backup before starting, but did not need to restore it. Everything has been preserved.

It installs a new button in the notification area when it detects you are running an app written for a smaller screen. You can choose to stretch (previous behavior) or zoom to fill the screen (ugly but useful).

It "feels" snappier. YMMV.

All in all, a pleasant experience. GOOD JOB Samsung.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
Updated from 3.1 (KME) to 3.2 (KMM) yesterday, via USB and Kies on Win7 PC.

Directions were clear, installed without any hiccups, and 0 (zero) problems afterward with WiFi, auto rotate, or anything being reported by others on this board. 35 minutes start to finish. I had taken a backup before starting, but did not need to restore it. Everything has been preserved.

It installs a new button in the notification area when it detects you are running an app written for a smaller screen. You can choose to stretch (previous behavior) or zoom to fill the screen (ugly but useful).

It "feels" snappier. YMMV.

All in all, a pleasant experience. GOOD JOB Samsung.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

I second this...