3.2 update delayed till Sept 10th

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
[h=6]Dear fans, we sincerely apologize for the delayed release of the 3.2 update for Acer Iconia Tab A500. We've just received news today that there have been some issues with the GPS settings therefore the 3.2 update will be rescheduled to 10th of September. We will update again if earlier, we hope to provide all our end users a stable and problem-free OS. Thanks for your continuous support and understanding.[/h]

birdsmalls

Jun 16, 2011
I would rather wait and have acer get us a error free update. I know everyone was looking forward to august 25th udate up lets wait and have them get it right. thanks birdsmalls

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I would rather wait and have acer get us a error free update. I know everyone was looking forward to august 25th udate up lets wait and have them get it right. thanks birdsmalls

THIS!

I want it Right, not right away.

HarshReality

Jun 19, 2011
[h=6]Dear fans, we sincerely apologize for the delayed release of the 3.2 update for Acer Iconia Tab A500. We've just received news today that there have been some issues with the settings of applications misidentifying the device as a phone rather than a tablet therefore the 3.2 update will be rescheduled to 25th of September. We will update again if earlier, we hope to provide all our end users a stable and problem-free OS. Thanks for your continuous support and understanding.[/h]

j/k although it annoys me to know end when I upload a video or something and it says "From an android phone". The 25th is my birthday :)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Um, how about a compass fix? Or would that fall under GPS?

Sent from my A500

There is nothing wrong with the compass. Mine and my neighbors works perfectly. So if yours is not working you have a warranty issue, and that won't get fixed with a software update.

kentuckyrandy

Aug 5, 2011
I will also be glad to wait, for a "quality" update. As a PC IT, I know how updates can go. My biggest compliant about the A500, is the GPS. As with many others, the acquiring of sat is so sporatic, which affects the Google navigation. I have GPS Status, which allows me to monitor. My Nav also sometimes crashes, when it tries to reroute and acquire position. I would love to see that fixed in an update.

The Acer delay annoucement appears that they just "discovered" the GPS problem, and are working on a fix. Where have they been?

BTW....My unit is still stock, for now.

Other than GPS, the A500 is a very nice unit.

Randy

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Ugh, unbelievable. They're already at least a month behind the companies with better name recognition, and now they delay it longer? What are these guys thinking? Get into gear, Acer, or next time I'm looking to get a tablet, I may just remember how long I'll have to wait for an update from you.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Ugh, unbelievable. They're already at least a month behind the companies with better name recognition, and now they delay it longer? What are these guys thinking? Get into gear, Acer, or next time I'm looking to get a tablet, I may just remember how long I'll have to wait for an update from you.

Seriously?

Those other tablets with "better name recognition" are still waiting for Writable MicroSD support. Read this:
Motorola Xoom 3.2 update offers read-only SD card access | Android Central
Or maybe this:
The case of the missing microSD slot on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Pinoy Tech Blog - The Philippines' Longest-running Technology Blog

Xoom has sold 400,000 units as of the end of July. Acer well over a Million. Better name recognition!! Meh!

You HAVE the leading tablet, with the most features.
Nobody has 3.2 working as well as Acer has 3.1 working.
You already have the best Android tablet for ports and features.

The last time Acer rushed a release to satisfy all the nagging on the net the bricked a bunch of tablets. Do you want that again?

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Given that I don't have a microSD card for it, I would rather have the app zoom functionality in 3.2 :-/.

PeteDee

May 21, 2011
Seriously?

Those other tablets with "better name recognition" are still waiting for Writable MicroSD support. Read this:
Motorola Xoom 3.2 update offers read-only SD card access | Android Central
Or maybe this:
The case of the missing microSD slot on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 | Pinoy Tech Blog - The Philippines' Longest-running Technology Blog

Xoom has sold 400,000 units as of the end of July. Acer well over a Million. Better name recognition!! Meh!

You HAVE the leading tablet, with the most features.
Nobody has 3.2 working as well as Acer has 3.1 working.
You already have the best Android tablet for ports and features.

The last time Acer rushed a release to satisfy all the nagging on the net the bricked a bunch of tablets. Do you want that again?

Looks like we are on the winner already, more cream to come soon.

I can wait.

Pete