3.2 update = Mid September

svchost

Aug 26, 2011
Would you prefer that they release it when it is not fully working? 3.1 as far as I can see is working fine, well better than fine for me, what do you need fixed?

Pete

The point is, we shouldn't have to deal with either. They should have it working by now. It's been quite a while, and all their competitors have it. They have unfriendly rooting/modding policies that force you into their release schedule if you want to keep your warranty. They are, unsurprisingly, acting like a crappy third tier budget company, but should we really expect any better from Acer? That's in their DNA. They're always a third tier mediocre company, and they always will be.

Jul 30, 2011
The point is, we shouldn't have to deal with either. They should have it working by now. It's been quite a while, and all their competitors have it. They have unfriendly rooting/modding policies that force you into their release schedule if you want to keep your warranty. They are, unsurprisingly, acting like a crappy third tier budget company, but should we really expect any better from Acer? That's in their DNA. They're always a third tier mediocre company, and they always will be.

That's very true. But then again, I do like the A500.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
They are, unsurprisingly, acting like a crappy third tier budget company, but should we really expect any better from Acer? That's in their DNA. They're always a third tier mediocre company, and they always will be.

I agree with your post but didn't we know this before buying the a500?

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
If you don't like the company, get a new Tab. Let the rest of us take your place in line.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Desso

Jul 18, 2011
Never cared for Acer either until I got a deal on my Daughter's laptop that I couldn't refuse. All the bells and whistles. The hardware is nicely built but it was full of bloatware (like all of them) and it didn't come with an OS disk. An email to Acer was and after a year still is ignored. The A500 was a great deal for me as well and I've been wanting a Tab since rumors of an Android Tab hit the internet. Love my A500, nice hardware and lots of ports, but the bloatware is still there. Not that biggie, though, I haven't even considered rooting.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
This is my first Acer product, so I can't really speak for the company, but I do understand the annoyance with the wait for OTA updates. But at least we get them.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I would guess yes, end of September for the all so special Xoom users, and sometime in October for us. But also, 3.2 for us mid September.

HD87

May 14, 2011
I would guess yes, end of September for the all so special Xoom users, and sometime in October for us. But also, 3.2 for us mid September.

There is no official release date, Google has quoted "Q4 2011".
Google's Nexus Prime is going to debut Ice Cream Sandwich & there is currently no set date for that, though its rumored to come out after October 21 2011.
When will Acer update the ICONIA to ICS? who said they will....

Last edited:

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
There is no official release date, Google has quoted "Q4 2011".
Google's Nexus Prime is going to debut Ice Cream Sandwich & there is currently no set date for that, though its rumored to come out after October 21 2011.
When will Acer update the ICONIA to ICS? who said they will....

If not then that would kill sales of the Iconia!!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I've read that a few of the Xoom tabs were "bricked" after the early updates of 3.1 and 3.2. I like my ACER ICONIA A500 - much better than the iPAD. They say better to be safe than sorry. I waited patiencely for 3.1 and it came. So I will for 3.2 and it will come. As for ICS Google says its not quite ready yet - more waiting.

There is a saying...."Good things come to those who wait patiencly for them.":)

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I agree, we can wait. And what about 3.2 is worth the complaining? 4's out for no one, so no point in complaining there.