3.2 update = Mid September

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Yeah, what he said. besides I don't want to unroot yet..

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

SandraC

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, what he said. besides I don't want to unroot yet..

Me either. If I can just dl the update and keep it in reserve until a stable root is made, that would be choice. But if not will just update and be patient.

Sent from my A501 using Android Tablet Forum

HarshReality

Jun 19, 2011
System update to v3.2 for my A500 came through an hour or so ago, and I'm now using build Acer_A500_7.004.03_COM_GEN1

Cheers,

Brian

PS. Nope, I still can't connect to my wireless router using WEP and a 26 character hex shared key. If I set my WEP to open system it still connects.

Brian, did you happen to snag the installation file and could you hang it somewhere?

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Well, I was prompted by the tablet that there was an update, so I just clicked the 'hell yeah!' option (install now).

I have no idea if the update is stored anywhere on the tablet since I'm still pretty new to Android, but I'd be happy to help out if you can tell me where to find it.

Brian

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Well I know Skype doesn't support video calls for the A500 yet.. A501, pretty sure same story.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
My A500 works great, I'd rather them take the time to fix any problems before release than receive an update and it be crap. My tablet works fine, I'm not going to pine over some shifted dates and say they're a crappy company for doing the right thing. LoL

Gowron

Sep 13, 2011
3.2 from Québec, Canada
Azerty keyboard is back in french language

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Icebike,
Are you now going to call all these BS or have you learned something here?
In the future don't be so quick to doubt, especially when an update is expected.
An apology to Brian64 would be the correct thing to do.
Otherwise you should be demoted 35 levels and start over.
You have no get out of jail free card.
Do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Dozens of reports of a new version (which is NOT the version Brian had) are NOT THE SAME as a single report from one guy.

So... NO. It was still BS, as in not the true release.
Nobody got that version except Brian.

Brian64

Aug 20, 2011
Excuse me icebike, but is there some prize I was competing for that you missed out on? What the hell did I ever do to you to have to put up with your scorn?

I posted details of the update I received, including the version number, and including a picture to prove what I was claiming.

What do I get for my trouble? Your constant assertions that it's all BS! I don't see any moderator status attached to your userid, so who appointed you this forum's judge of what is or isn't BS? "Nobody got that version except Brian" you said? Wow, how important am I that Acer put together a release for only me out of all the people that have bought Acer tablets... I can see how that would work. Incidentally, that must mean I'm so much more important than you then, right? Or do you also have your own personal build from Acer that nobody else has?

I don't need - or want - your approval, so I suggest next time you ignore my posts if you don't agree with them. I don't know how things work in your part of the world, but calling someone a liar to their face is unacceptable where I live.

Brian

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
well Brian, i believe you.
There is more than one other version reported.
Canada and Italy report version 7.006.01 while US reports version 7.006.03
According to Icebite some others must be feeding BS as well.
Icebike must be from India because they are the most stubborn people I have ever seen.
He definately needs to humble himself, man up and apologize for his accusations.
According to him you got a beta version. haha what a joke.
I actually looked here and another forum and only found about 6 people reporting the version.
Certainly not enough to base calling your report BS.

I actually found another post of your version.
Posted by kcgoh
September 15, 2011 - 02:351 day ago i see the system update pop-up for 7.004.03 update, but tried few times for 2 days still failed. at one time, the download even shoot up to 70% but then the system update dialog box missing after check back later. sigh! i'm keep trying it.... Goh from Malaysia
It was posted here
http://www.androidcentral.com/acer-iconia-a500-32-update-now-landing-september-10th
Then he reported a sucessful update
Posted by kcgoh
September 15, 2011 - 20:371 day ago successful updated to 3.2. and can run full screen for some apps now. Acer is not bad!
Here is another one from
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1933075/+580
erm..guys..i check for update using system update..it prompt out got update which is 7.004.03 (356.65MB)..so what is this update for as yday i edy update to 3.1 edy

Do the right thing Icebike and man up by apologizing.

Last edited: