3g usb adapter

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by iamnew2android, Oct 8, 2011.

1. iamnew2android

iamnew2android Member

Tablet / Device:
    android tablet palmtop
    I have just bought a daditong android 2.2, 7 inch tablet palm top from china. I am trying to find a 3g usb adapter that will work with this, can anyone point me in the right direction. I live in the UK if this is of any help.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2011
  2. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid and Droid X, Xoom coming soon
    Most if not all USB adapters need to install software on the computer they are going to be running on. Since the software is made for Windows/OSX it will not work on an android tablet. A MiFi Wireless hot spot would work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. Im_Sirius

Im_Sirius Member

I had a similar thought but as another member pointed out it the usb wireless drives are set up for other operating systems. My solution was simple, i bought a mifi unit from virgin mobile. The small unit runs off a rechargable battery fits in my shirt pocket and provides a wifi signal to my Samsung Galaxy 8.9. It works well, is about the same cost and i havent missed the 3G on my Sam 8.9 tablet. In fact I.m using it right now.

Ira S.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Tablet Forum

4. ontrack123

ontrack123 Member

I am considering buying one of these. As far as the adapter, if you go to ebay and search "7" Google Android 2.2 OS Tablet PC+7" Case USB Keyboard " you will see a listing which I think shows the adapter that goes with this machine. Perhaps a "first step" in your research. How has this tablet been performing? Is it unlocked?