3rd party launchers freeze touchscreen

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
Maybe this has already been posted, but a reminder. Do not to install 3rd party launchers.
I thought I bricked my s7 slim. I installed launcher pro and it seemed to work ok. I rebooted and the touch screen was unresponsive. The solution was to install a new rom. Put the rom on a sd card, rebooted and the screen was working again.

ChaLe

Oct 9, 2011
3d party launchers is working, just need few tweaks...

1. Root with gingerbreak.
2. Edit bluetooth_power.sh with root explorer.
3. Add code.

echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/boot_complete
echo 1 > /sys/cap_touchscreen/state

4. Save and exit.
5. Reboot.
6. Add custom launcher.

*Tnx goes to shishko from xda-developers

Greetings

P.S.
I beleive there is same solution here on forum

Last edited by a moderator:

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
I tried this, rebooted, held my breath and it worked. Thank you very much

squirrel

Dec 8, 2011
I bought an S7 Slim from an auction site and installed Launcher Pro. Same problem as everyone else. I am unable to use the touch screen and cannot make the device come up on the PC (cant select disk mode, etc). Is there anything I can do? I am unable to find anyone in South Africa you can help!

glenmac

Dec 11, 2011
Hi, where can I get the rom you are talking about to load onto my sd card? I have the same problem!
Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

Ebrahiem

Dec 13, 2011
Hey guys.thic seemed to work for everybody besides me.i tried doin this.i have gingerbreak but don't really know how it works.when opening it,it says that no assets extracted.tried rooting using the ES file explorer but the bluetooth_power.sh is a read only file on my phone.please help would like to use themes.