4.0 i.c.s

gal78

Jan 6, 2012
Hi guys long time reader first time poster
Does anybody know when o when will we ( in the U.K) get our damn ice cream I've been reading internet posts for months now telling me that Jan 2012 would be the time and I got very tense twice yesterday when the minor updates downloaded and installed alas for nothing
Have you guys in aus or the us got yours yet?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Nobody knows. (If you are indeed a long term reader, you would have known that much already).

There are rumors floating about, but they are just rumors.

Best case scenario is a release somewhere (probably starting in Australia) mid to late January, this was based on some conversation someone had with tech support.
Most likely is mid February, based on a statement In THIS press release:

The Iconia Tab A200 also comes with a free upgrade to Android 4.0 (known as Ice Cream Sandwich), which will be available in mid-February.

The press release is about the Acer A200, but it stands to reason that if that device will get ICS in February, that the rest of the line will get their update in the same time period.

As for arrival in the UK? Who knows. They seem to push the release in alphabetical order or something. We in the US just got the twin updates last week, but Douvie Down Under got his over a month ago and just yesterday got another. So EVEN when we know its officially available its very hard to know when it will arrive.