4.1.1 Install now stuck in boot loop

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
MID8127 as above just boots to android logo.

Tried reset and still same, actually the tablet restarts without pressing anything and comes back to same point.

If I reset and hold vol I get to FWDN mode and was hoping to use ADB to get back in however the tablet isn't recognised by ADB but is shown in device list on PC as Android Phone - Android COmposite ADB interface.

Kind of stuck now and ideas would be useful. Begining to think battery disconnect, but not sure that will make any difference.

Thanks in advance.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
What guide did you follow to flash 4.1.1? and send you can still get into FWDN mode there is still hope. You should be able to find a stock rom image that can be flashed through FWDN

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
Update was OWA and had downloaded automatically and when I opened tablet the option to install was only option.

Should I be able to use external sd card to do the flash as the tablet isn't recognised by PC (either W7 or XP)?

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
I think you can flash zip file.

Below, in the last few page of the thread named "need help with a mpman 827...", you will find a ROM kiiv_GB_0.3. Download it, it's for coby 8127 and put it on your sd card.

Then, go into development section on this forum and download CWM recovery 6.0.1.0 and boot it via fastboot.

Then flash the zip ROM from CWM and reboot.
You will be back to the stock 2.3 ROM.

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
Excellent now back into tablet.

Of course on 2.3 so just need to find out how to upgrade to 4.1.1 again.

Once again Kiiv thanks for your help.

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
Tried the update to 4.0.3 (which I had previously) and get message tablet model can't be identified.:confused:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Don't worry, you just have to choose 8127 manually. The ROM base is not from coby Germany.

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
Hi Kiiv, please excuse my lack of knowledge but could you provide a bit more info about your last post. Are you saying a ROM for 8127 using ICS is available somewhere?

Incedentally the ROM I flashed as per previous posts has one bug I've found so far as its impossible to access/list the content of sd cards.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
No prob :)
I just would say that when you run the updater, if it says that it can't identify your model, you just have to choose the good one by yourself in the list.

It's because I have changed the model version in build.prop file to be able to see more apps on the market, so coby updater can't find the model by itself.

For the sd card problem, I don't know where it come from :(

antoeknee

Aug 11, 2012
The updater runs from a small download from the Coby and only option is to input serial number and then start the upgrade. Then get the message about the model not identified but there isn't a list to choose from.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Damn, maybe they've updated there program because it was possible for the ics update :(

Two solutions :
- find the original build.prop and push it to /system
- try with the old updater

Sorry,I can't help you to find those files for the moment cause I'm on holidays far from home...

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Downloaded the upgrade from the Coby Germany site. Install is stuck in Fastboot mode right now. Need to connect to a PC. Does anyone have a stock MID1126 2.3.3 recovery file ?

Thanks.

Last edited: