4GB Coby MID 7035

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I have a 4GB Coby MID7035. For some time now it can't mount the micro SD card. When I press storage, a message appears 'settings has stopped' and shuts the option off. When I attempt to access it with other Apps it says 'sd card not mounted'. How can I fix this as I don't have root access?

S/t additional: I don't see 'external_sd' in the mount dir now. I think it's there in the beginning. It might've s/t to do with it.

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
I'm a newbie, but you mean the card when inserted in the bottom of the tablet ?
Does a new card work, if you have one ?

A trick is to carefully clean the connector pins of the card with a pencil eraser.

If you're in a humid area, especially during summer, the pins can coat with a film of muck from the atmosphere. The pencil eraser will remove that quite readily.
Use a swipe method down the length of the pins. Some say of static shocks to the circuits but i've never had that happen and have fixed bunches of stuff that way over many years. Across the pins might do that, but up and down doesn't.

Same trick works on old gaming console cartridges, PC cards and anything else with an edge connector :)

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I tried it but to no effect. This issue is a bit more complex.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
Slider2732, do u know s/g about rooting? doesn't seem many know of this particular model. Plus Coby's tech help line is always busy.

Slider2732

Sep 21, 2013
Unfortunately I don't, would probably have done rooting if mine was running and I wouldn't like to offer any advice without having done something myself. But there are some posts about rooting the 7035 on here (in the Technical section I think).

I'd like to know if these 2 tablets, 7033 and 7035 can be NAND lock bricked by trying to fix them.
Still looking for a files dump for the 7033 from anyone and hoping that Android do something about Coby's NAND lock and witholding Open Source info. I find it ridiculous that a tablet can one day just cease booting or not see the SD card, with no changes having been made to it.

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
Unfortunately I don't, would probably have done rooting if mine was running and I wouldn't like to offer any advice without having done something myself. But there are some posts about rooting the 7035 on here (in the Technical section I think).

I'd like to know if these 2 tablets, 7033 and 7035 can be NAND lock bricked by trying to fix them.
Still looking for a files dump for the 7033 from anyone and hoping that Android do something about Coby's NAND lock and witholding Open Source info. I find it ridiculous that a tablet can one day just cease booting or not see the SD card, with no change

Have u tried to call Coby's help line in the US?

Last edited:

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
I even did a factory reset and it still can't mount the sd card. the same 'settings has stopped' error shows up. I also formatted the sd card, still no results ...... Damn!

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
Slider, here's s/g else, do u know if I can connect a pc to a laptop's screen & use it as monitor?
I tried s/g suggested on a site to connect the VGA cable to the laptop and use one of the F keys to turn the screen to the pc content. Didn't get any reaction from the LCD screen ....

Last edited:

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Have you tried a factory reset from recovery ?

Ok, youve got 2 threads going. never mind.

Last edited:

Kuman

Sep 20, 2013
Have you tried a factory reset from recovery ?

Ok, youve got 2 threads going. never mind.

Yep I did that & it didn't do it. Still can't mount the sd, both built-in & external.
Btw do u have any idea why Coby's help line is always busy?

Last edited: