5'' tablet with flash

Aug 31, 2011
Hi. i just signed up from the public library to plead for you genious's help. i need to find any roughly 5 inch tablet, to fit in a big pocket, but used with two hands, and just not mobile-phone small (it's not a phone), and that is flash-player capable.

so far i've been looking my ass off from the library, but the Archos 48/5 has Android 1.6 when only 2.2 or up has flash (all of their other products have been updated to 2.2, but not this one), Dell Streak 5 is taken out of production, Acorp Rockchip 5 is cancelled, Samsung Galaxy mini cannot play Flash despite running 2.2/2.3 (and is a smartphone and don't want a phone), and the Ramos T11AD 5 runs Android 2.1.

i don't really care much about anything else, neither features or price, as longs as it hosts USB.

if anyone knows anything new that may help me out, i beg you, save me from internet starvation. i'll check up in a day or two. thanks.

Aug 31, 2011
^in a breast pocket it should be fine. 'sides, i'm known for my stuffed pockets.

The only options I can think of will be Window (YuanDao) N50 or Cube U15GT.

thanks. they do seem to get flashplayer support, but they ain't out yet.
also checking those out i found the Ainol Novo5, which seems to fail to install Flashplayer. with the Chinese brands, you gotta be real careful.

and yeah i just found there's a 2.2 update for the Streak which allows Flash. i guess i''ll check second hand sites for such (hmm..kinda hard to do an online auction when you have no internet). at 15.3 cm it's a bit long though.

Last edited:

Yaker

Oct 16, 2011
You probably figured this one out by now but the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 will suit your needs. It runs on Android 2.3.5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1.