5'' tablet with flash

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by ParanoidAndroid, Aug 31, 2011.

1. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    none yet
    Hi. i just signed up from the public library to plead for you genious's help. i need to find any roughly 5 inch tablet, to fit in a big pocket, but used with two hands, and just not mobile-phone small (it's not a phone), and that is flash-player capable.

so far i've been looking my ass off from the library, but the Archos 48/5 has Android 1.6 when only 2.2 or up has flash (all of their other products have been updated to 2.2, but not this one), Dell Streak 5 is taken out of production, Acorp Rockchip 5 is cancelled, Samsung Galaxy mini cannot play Flash despite running 2.2/2.3 (and is a smartphone and don't want a phone), and the Ramos T11AD 5 runs Android 2.1.

i don't really care much about anything else, neither features or price, as longs as it hosts USB.

if anyone knows anything new that may help me out, i beg you, save me from internet starvation. i'll check up in a day or two. thanks.

2. x3ntaur

x3ntaur Member

The only options I can think of will be Window (YuanDao) N50 or Cube U15GT.

3. Marquis

Marquis Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer
    How about Dell Streak 5" - it's discontinued tho, you'd need to search eBay and such...

4. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Member

Tablet / Device:
    none yet
    ^in a breast pocket it should be fine. 'sides, i'm known for my stuffed pockets.

thanks. they do seem to get flashplayer support, but they ain't out yet.
    also checking those out i found the Ainol Novo5, which seems to fail to install Flashplayer. with the Chinese brands, you gotta be real careful.

and yeah i just found there's a 2.2 update for the Streak which allows Flash. i guess i''ll check second hand sites for such (hmm..kinda hard to do an online auction when you have no internet). at 15.3 cm it's a bit long though.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  5. Yaker

Yaker Member

Tablet / Device:
    Toshiba Thrive 10"
    You probably figured this one out by now but the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 will suit your needs. It runs on Android 2.3.5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1.