59.99 white pandigitals at Kohl's

onesaint

Jan 5, 2011
So, I called my local Bed bath, etc and they said they will only pirce match an item that is in stock at the competitor. They told me that they called a store earlier today as someone else in the store was asking for a price match and the store they called was out of stock - so no dice.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
So, I called my local Bed bath, etc and they said they will only pirce match an item that is in stock at the competitor. They told me that they called a store earlier today as someone else in the store was asking for a price match and the store they called was out of stock - so no dice.

Sorry about that, I tried :)

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
Thanks to fverhost, im replying from a not yet rooted wpdn. Need more time with resistive touch screens i guess. This is taking some time and this forum is not so pdn friendly. Cant wait to try after customizing it.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
twivel: If you need any help, just ask. I've been playing with my PD all day today. FYI after you root it with the firmware I am using, the screen is a lot better. It's quite good actually...

P.S Glad you got the package today!

P.P.S twivel sent me the money, so could I pick up the PD from Kohl's and I then shipped him the package. I do not sell tablets... it was just a friendly thing to do :)

Last edited:

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
Yea, was really nice of you, thanks again feverhost :) Very solid device overall, good feel in the hands - though maybe a tad heavier than I had expected. Going to try your firmware right now.

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
Ok this is much better. Typing on the v5 custom firmware is much better. The default firmware on this device lagged really bad.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yea, the stock version was very very slow. Almost as bad as the Gentouch78 (which I gave to my daughter).

onesaint

Jan 5, 2011
feverhost, you think the pnd is better than that gentouch78 then? Based on xaueious recommendation I've been looking at the Gentouch and the coby to hold me over till I can grab a honeycomb device.

Do they have more near you in SD? I might be interested as well if your still up for grabbing another.

Last edited:

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
onesaint: Pandigital Novel is better than the Gentouch in every feature. It's just a much better tablet...

I would not recommend the Gentouch, but I would recommend PDN.

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
From watching your video reviews, I see only one advantage the Augen has over the WPDN - that's the aspect ratio, which will make it compatible with more apps (especially games). The angry birds I downloaded from the market wouldn't run on my WPDN.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
The angry birds I downloaded from the market wouldn't run on my WPDN.

That is quite odd, as I am able to play it on my WPDN. It also plays on my Gentouch. Both tablets lack 3D acceleration, so there are aspects of Angry Birds that show in "white block form". Besides that the game plays on both of my tablets.

onesaint

Jan 5, 2011
feverhost, I think like you said in your "buying from China" guide, these tablets at this level (Gentouch & PDN) just have some shortcomings. That said, have you gotten the wifi working correctly on the PDN?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You guys have to remember the price, it only cost us 60 dollars for the wpdn, i am pretty sure feverhost wouldnt have bought this device for the retail value of 200 dollars. But it might have changed now, so feverhost would you buy the wpdn for 200 or would you buy the gentouch for 170?

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
Mine works well. A steal at 60. My aunt had kohls car so was only 55 after tax.
My wifi works well. I have v5 on mine

Sent from my pdn using Android Tablet Forum App