6/4/2011 - Still no update

b_walker

Jun 4, 2011
Anyone else having this issue? I just bought my A500 last week and I haven't been asked about an update. I check for updates in the settings and i'm told "System is up to date". I guess I'm supposed to just keep waiting?

Build - 1.104.02_COM_GEN1
Kernel - 2.6.36.3-00001

Thanks in advance.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Yes, just keep waiting or, better yet, let it go and quit worrying about it. It will show up once they push it out to your part of the world.

b_walker

Jun 4, 2011
Alright! Thanks for the attitude. My "part of the world" is the US, where everyone else has already been updated. So, I'm more of the odd one out rather than the guy whining from Nigeria.

thekobk

May 22, 2011
Same problem here... This is my second one the first one had a defect but got the update 2 weeks ago then i exchanged it. the first one had the sticker attached to the tab the second was on the plastic wrap. update must be by ser# or build date.

Rogerlebo

Jun 4, 2011
Hi!

I bought my A500 yesterday.
During the first start, a new build was downloaded and installed.

Here is my config now :
Android version : 3.0.1
Build : Acer_500_1.139.05_COM_GEN1
Kernel : 2.6.36.3

Now, I' waiting for Android 3.1.

Have a nice day!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Some weird build versions you guys got there. 139.05 and 104.02? Where are you two located?

Exactly what I was thinking.

After the last small update you should have 1.141.07.

At least that's what most in the USA are seeing.

Be sure you register it and don't root it till 3.1 comes out.
It could be that Acer is holding off because 3.1 is right around the corner.

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
Alright! Thanks for the attitude. My "part of the world" is the US, where everyone else has already been updated. So, I'm more of the odd one out rather than the guy whining from Nigeria.

No ... you're not the odd one out ... just the one whining about it. I also just got mine two weeks ago (in the good ol' US) and have yet to get the update. From what others are saying, very little is noticable with the update ... just "under the hood" type things. Be patient ... it'll come eventually.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Yknow, I think OP is talking about the 1.14 update, not the Android 3.1 update. If so, then I dont know what the deal is, unless your tablet came with the fixes preinstalled by Acer.
If my assumption was wrong, then yeah, stop whining. Be patient. I am an Android fan, but I hate hearing other Android fans complaining when they dont get their update by day 1. BTW, Im in the US and the 3.1 update isntvreleased here yet. I too havent gotten it so there.

b_walker

Jun 4, 2011
This wasn't a whine thread, and I'm not talking about 3.1. This was about 1.41 and to see if others were actually experiencing the same issue.

Damn some of y'all are a lil quick to jump to conlusions.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Actually (and I mean this not as an attack), its because you werent very clear in which update you were talking about. Thats why I wrote my post the way I did too, since I also couldnt tell.

Also, many Android fanatics complain when a major OS update is said to release and other devices (or other countries with the same device as them) get the update before they do. So, you have to understand that because you didnt mention what update you were talking about, everyone thought you were just another fanatic freaking out because the Asus Transformer (and I think Xoom) have already gotten the 3.1 update and we havent yet on the Iconia a500.

ScottW714

May 26, 2011
Got mine a week ago, no update.
On 1.104.02 In Houston.

Is there something you need from the update.
I hate these tiny updates, more risk then gain, but looking forward to 3.1