7" 2.1 Adroid Apad m7006

teburge

Oct 15, 2010
Recieved new unit Monday and unit will not start up. 1st if you plugged in the charger the screen flashed while the red charge button was on. Later I turned it on and the green light came on but nothing else happened. Now I can hole the poer button on but it will not stay lite. The charge light blinks but I dont believe the battery is chargeing.
Ted:(

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Sorry this is almost a word for word repost....
I am going to suggest the obvious. Contact the vendor where you bought it. Request return for replacement. Something I have discovered from talking to some parties who are dropshipping the units here in the US or buying Bulk from AliBaba and then reselling. There is about a 1/5 failure rate on some VIA tablets. In reality this is NOT that surprising. In the early bad old days of the 8088/80286 clones, it was almost as bad. (1/10 failures).

I still have the attitude, of following these three rules with any electronica out of China.
1. When it arrives, Be Patient. Let it fully Charge before powering it on
2. First time use, run it until the low power alert happens. Then fully recharge again
3. DO NOT mod or open the system until you have had it for at least three weeks. If anything is going to fail. It will fail within the three week window of active use.

I have had good luck with this rule. You did rule #1. It is DOA. You deserve a direct replacement at no charge to you.

Like I said in a prior post. It is Friday and I am in a cynical mood. You will need to FIGHT to get all the cost including shipping paid by the vendor. It is one of the reasons/danger to buy local when possible on units like this. See the earlier posts about the failure probs of the units sold at K-Mart. They had to take them back.

Nowsupplier

Oct 7, 2010
Well, you can do a professional exam at first, making the battery run totaly up. Then you charge again, if it's still not work, the battery would has some problems itself. So, the better choice is to change another new one from your vendor. This wouldn't be an issur for a sincere supplier.

teburge

Oct 15, 2010
Sorry this is almost a word for word repost....
I am going to suggest the obvious. Contact the vendor where you bought it. Request return for replacement. Something I have discovered from talking to some parties who are dropshipping the units here in the US or buying Bulk from AliBaba and then reselling. There is about a 1/5 failure rate on some VIA tablets. In reality this is NOT that surprising. In the early bad old days of the 8088/80286 clones, it was almost as bad. (1/10 failures).

I still have the attitude, of following these three rules with any electronica out of China.
1. When it arrives, Be Patient. Let it fully Charge before powering it on
2. First time use, run it until the low power alert happens. Then fully recharge again
3. DO NOT mod or open the system until you have had it for at least three weeks. If anything is going to fail. It will fail within the three week window of active use.

I have had good luck with this rule. You did rule #1. It is DOA. You deserve a direct replacement at no charge to you.

Like I said in a prior post. It is Friday and I am in a cynical mood. You will need to FIGHT to get all the cost including shipping paid by the vendor. It is one of the reasons/danger to buy local when possible on units like this. See the earlier posts about the failure probs of the units sold at K-Mart. They had to take them back.

The company I purchase through said I need to install the back update for it to work. I don't see how that would work if I can't get it to charge or turn on.
They said they would email me an FTP address to down load with instructions, what do you think about there recomendation?
Ted

teburge

Oct 15, 2010
no. It want even charge.
Ted
My lap top juct recognized the apad. Do you know where I would get the update tool and driver

Last edited: