7" ALL WINNER A13 Startup Issue (Newbie!)

Stillwell86

Nov 11, 2012
Hey there, im new to the whole tablet android scene. I bought a cheap tablet a couple of days ago, 7" ALL WINNER A13 Tablet Computer, and I'm having issues getting it started up. It flashes up with the Green Android Logo and then a full screen Android logo but then it goes onto and blank screen with "ANDROID" across the middle, it's active as in the tablet must be doing something but it is unresponsive to touch, volume control buttons don't work, nothing at all.

It might be something very basic and I could just be missing the obvious but I'm starting to lose my rag with it.

Can anyone help me out with this! Much appreciated!!

dolorespark

Nov 10, 2012
I bought a cheap tablet a couple of days ago, 7" ALL WINNER A13 Tablet Computer, and I'm having issues getting it started up.

It might be something very basic and I could just be missing the obvious

There's a reason these tablets are cheap: little if any quality control. Most of them work great despite this but the percentage of lemons among them is bound to be higher than name-brands. It's also a truism that if computer equipment is going to break, it happens in the first 90 days.

That said, the solution to your startup problem should be obvious: return it for a new one. Don't waste your time trying to fix it - once a lemon, always a lemon.

BTW... don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of cheap Allwinner-based tablets - I have two of them. However, I'm also a big fan of brick-and-mortar stores with generous return policies :)