7" MID Tablet Android 1,6 / 2.0 - Update to 2.1 - Here is a link from a ebay-seller

woodyman

Jan 21, 2011
does anyone have an alt. link/mirror, the download starts at over 3mb per sec then fades down to about 200kb/sec.... it went from saying 1 min, to 5 min and now it says 20 min and the speed keeps going down, just trying to find a faster D/L... lol

Jan 15, 2011
I'm back!
I have done this work and:

My posted link is exactly the same software, if i had installed after purchasing. Do you understand. Not differences but the good news: It works.

Step by Step instruction:
Delete all files from SD-Card
Tip: Save your apps from the card into a folder on your computer.
Insert unzipped folder to SD-Card
Put in SD-Card in Tablet
Turn off your Tablet
Turn on your Tablet
Process will starting automatic
(Notice is sreened: Press Power button and connect U-Disk) It's not important.
Upgrade-Process start and you can follow this process on screen.

After 4 minutes can you read a message:
"Remove SD-Card"
Then will your tablet shutting down
Press Power-Button for 5 Seconds and your Tablet
It's cleaned and refreshed.
Create your WLan Connection and install all your apps with your backup.
You can delete your SD-Card now or use another SD-Card with your Backup-Files.

Hope you can understand it.
I have exactly the same version as in my opening post in this thread.
It seems as if it is not 2.1, which of them has sent me.

Jan 15, 2011
PS:
I made some pictures during the update. You you can see in my profile in a folder.

Update:
Market will not running
Maps works
Gmail.apk will not running - I'm very sad about this.
It's important for me.
Twitter runs with twittdoid
MSN and Facebook works with official apps
and a lot of other alternate Market-apps running

Last edited:

freesoul

Feb 8, 2011
I installed the update but after I reboot it, its stock on the android logo. kindly help. Thanks

fvanderploeg

Feb 22, 2011
:)this one unbricked mine! Thanks a bundle

Hello Friends,

i have a 7" MID Tablet and a lot of trouble with this item.

I have written a message about a unknown version of android on my tablet. It was on ebay with discription 2.0 and all apps notice of a 1,6 Version.

Seller has send a link for a android Version 2.1!

Feel free for a test. (I don't know how i can make this and i don't know how it works!)

http://share.coomao.com/7inch_ebook_2.1_en.rar

(ca. 70MB file - ebays seller name: asura_athena - ebay Part No:300508878149

This is a description of this item:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VIA WM8505+ 533MHZ

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Google Android 2.0

If i turn on this tablet i have a Information of WMT2.1.2_105

[/FONT]
LCD
Size
7" TFT LCD​
Resolution
800x480​
Touch Screen
Full Size,High Sensitive Touch Operation​
SYSTEM MEMORY
Spec
256MB Memory​
STORAGE DEVICE
Type
Nand Flash​
Capacity
2GB​
Camera
Pixel
1.3Mega​
AUDIO
Output
Device
Built-in Stereo speakers​
Input Device
Built-in Microphone​
COMMUNICATION
LAN
External Fast 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Adapter​
WLAN
Built-in 802.11b/g WLAN Card​
SUPPLEMENTAL DRIVE
Card Reader
TF/MMC Card slot X 1​
I/O PORT
USB
USB2.0 X 2​
Audio Port
Headphone X 1​
AC ADAPTOR
AC Power Adaptor
100V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A​
BATTERY
Battery Pack
2400 mAH Batteries​
PHYSICAL SPEC
Dimension
19.9*12.8*0.8-1.4cm​
Weight
0.37KG​
OTHER
G Sensor
Yes​
Color
Black,Black&silver​
Languages
Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian , Lithuanian, Norwegian, Poland, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovakian, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified)​
Software
Fring,QQ,MSN,Youtube,Google Map,Document to go,Multimedia Player,Email,Es File Explore,Application Store​
Accessory
AC Adapter,User Manual,External RJ45/USB Pot,Packing Box​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you have a similar Tablet, feel free to answer after your Software-Test or other Questions. I will answer so soon i can.

PS:
Sorry for my bad english.

Best Regards for all people in this forum.

PS II: Admin, if i have a wrong category feel free to move this post in the right one.
Thanks.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Hunter_I

Mar 7, 2011
Doesn't work for me (same machine).
I formatted an SD card, put it inot he tablet and turned it on, after the Android logo it shows a "Loading" animation for a bout half a minute, then the tablet is back to the usual Android 1.6 my machine runs. There seems to be no upgrade performed. Now, if I open the SD in the file browser, it shows the script folder (which I put there) and another 3 folders that seem to be created by the tablet, these are:
LOST.DIR, ~peacock and ~wmtmail.

PLease help.

PS Here's capture of the "About" screen
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/20110207101729.jpg
It's a "fake iPad" model with lame iPad port and external 2XUSB + LAN adapter.
bout from here: http://www.**************/snapshot/100504681.html

Last edited:

pranaysingh

Mar 11, 2011
Hi, I tried upgrading the version to 2.1, everything worked fine and it said upgrade complete but when I checked the version after competition it still shows 1.6. Please advice.

Regards,
Pranay

Flash

May 9, 2011
sup i have tryed this many times i must be doing something wrong i put all the files in the sd card and nothing happens please help going crazy

pacoquiroz

Jun 1, 2011
I have a MID 7" Tablet (Android 1.6, Kernel 2.6.29, WMT 1.9.1) , and tried to upgrade it to Android 2.1, but now the touchscreen is not working (my guess is that I used a wrong firmware package). I've tried to downgrade back to 1.6 using the link shown on this thread by danwguy. It doesn't execute the downgrade, and now I'm have a tablet without a touchscreen. Any ideas? I'm stuck

tillurohit369

Sep 9, 2011
Hey danwguy..!!
i have got the same tablet...!! but most of the applications are not working..!! especilly angry birds is running very slow...!! i wish to upgrade to the latest version of android...!! plz help me with the same..!
how can i upgrade to the latest one..??
reply as soon as possible...!

gilbert8781

Sep 19, 2011
Im in a big trouble now.. Lols... I have Android 1.6 and upgraded it to 2.1 version. I got the download files here at Schwedenclassic http://share.coomao.com/7inch_ebook_2.1_en.rar

after the updat successfully unpack the files into my system, it says remove the memory card and i removed it then restart my android 7" Tablet. After pressing the power botton i only see the WMT2.1.2_105 and the android icon but not booting directly to the windows. I keep restarted it several time but i got the same thing. Im stuck in the loading section. Please help... :)

mufcgaz

Dec 7, 2011
done this worked but when i turn on tablet says slide to open but it won't slide to open :mad::mad::mad::mad:
wots wrong