7" MID Tablet PC help

jimmyfixit

Dec 13, 2010
Hello,
Newbie here. bought a 7 inch epad tablet with android operating system off ebay for my wife. it says version 1.6. gereric brand. Problem I'm having is it will connect to my wireless network but wont connect to internet. says the internet is unavailable. but as I type this, my internet is obviously working fine. any suggestions?
Jim

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
the issue could be that you are trying to use "wep" and the tablet will not work with "wep" see if you can try another security configuration like "wpa2" on your router

waxy

Dec 25, 2010
hi i have bought 2 mid tablets for my sons i have set up the wi fi connection but it keeps saying network error when they use youtube & the browser can you help please.

Stormy Knight

Aug 25, 2010
I have a MID 7" tablet with Android 2.3OS. It was a gift for my mother and she loved it. Now there is a problem. The Android keyboard will not come up. Not in email or the browser or anything. I went to the keyboard settings and it showed as being selected. I can't figure this one out. Any suggestions?

jjpl2001

Oct 11, 2011
hi i have bought 2 mid tablets for my sons i have set up the wi fi connection but it keeps saying network error when they use youtube & the browser can you help please.

The only android cappable to reproduce Youtube videos is the version 2.2. problably you have version 2.1 or 1.6. you need a thinrd party software to reproduce youtube videos

ksmullins

Oct 28, 2011
We just got a MID 7" Android tablet last night as a welcome gift from a presentation. Brought it home, charged it overnight, and the brightness level is poor. We went to Settings through Menu and the brightness level is turned all the way up . My husband said last night when he turned it on, it was brighter (before we did the charging). Help! It's too difficult to read the screen.

GiftforMom

Oct 28, 2011
When I try to go to the appInstaller, I get the following "/mnt/sdcard/". Another forum recommending downloading the Market apk, so I did and now I have the icon for it, but I get an "error, must close and try again" when I click on it. Also, when I click on the "AppInstaller", the same URL is there, with the Market listed beneath it, but when I click on it, it only asks if I want to uninstall it. I'm at a loss as to how to get the Market or appinstaller to work. Looking for last minute advice before I ship this back...

mimiig

Dec 24, 2011
Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated- I have bought 3 of these for the kids. The android market search function mainly comes up with chinese results even though we are seraching in english- i cant find any well known apps like angry birds on there either- I have contacted the seller and they have been very unhelpfull- any ideas, like can i change the search functions somehow or updaye/ reinstall the opperating system or android market shortcut? also I cant work out how to connect it to the pc as it only seems to take an sd card- was thinking of accessing android market that way- is it possible to add it to the home network somehow for file sharing so we can put music ect on there? im not very tech savvy so thanks for any help you can give :)

macy

Dec 26, 2011
what did you do to fix it? I just got a tablet and when i open up connections it says it is connected to my network and even gives my network name. If i go to the internet it allows me to go to different sitess. When I try to open Android Market it says I have no connection

erniep

Dec 26, 2011
Afternoon Guys,Can i ask is your Mid tablets connecting nd diconnecting from your wi fi router aswell ?

trimm26

Jan 14, 2012
my tablet turns on but when i try to turn on the wifi it tries to start but than says turning off . It also says MAC address not available.​