7" MID Tablet - Solved no power up problem but Wifi 'unable to scan networks'

griffin2897

Jan 12, 2012
Hi,
I have a 7" INCH MID Tablet ANDROID 2.2 VIA 8650 EPAD, green LED / no vibrate which I bought from ebay and which I had left with the orginal setup.

This week when I was using the tablet with battery fully charged when suddenly it froze and switched off. when I pressed the power button this remained off and no combination of buttons seemed to work.

I decided to take it apart and check if something was loose. After reseating all connectors and pressing the chip in the removable clip on module, I managed to make it boot. While I was at it I also changed the speakers position upwards which significantly improved the loudness. I was happy since even the touch screen was still operational.

This was shortlived however when I tried to switch on the wifi. This starts scanning and then gives 'unable to scannetworks' and switches of. 3G dongle worked fine.

I was going through all the internet to try to resolve the problem to no avail.

Somwhere I found a suggestion to rename wifi_suplicant.conf to .bak. I found this under etc>wifi but could not rename. So I decided to root the tablet which I did following the steps here;
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/wondermedia-based/29910-mid-7-wondermedia-wm8650-firmware.html. I chose option 27.

I renamed the file but still the same with Wfi problem. 3G does not work now either after upgrade. I have questions maybe I manage to resolve the issue with the help of the good experts in this forum ;

Wifi problem I am now left with 2 options
i) Wifi card (k2-364 photo attached) is faulty. appreciate any recommendations from where I can find the replacement or equivalent
ii) Maybe this is an os problem and file was corrupted or deleted. don't know if this was supposed to be resolved by uberoid upgrade but anyone know whcih files are required where is the proper directory and permissions needed for wifi operation?

3G - Does Uberod limit the supported 3G devices ? unfortunately i could not backup my previous system since I don't seem to have the right usb cable to connect to the pc.

This is some data the current system info is showing;

device: sholes
ID: FRG83D-v2.2 Android Froyo

thanks to any help

Attachments

• $IMG00011-20120112-0026.jpg
    $IMG00011-20120112-0026.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 3,716
  • $IMG00007-20120111-2117.jpg
    $IMG00007-20120111-2117.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 4,218
Last edited:

trimm26

Jan 14, 2012
my tablet turns on but when i try to turn on the wifi it tries to start but than says turning off . It also says MAC address not available.

Last edited:

griffin2897

Jan 12, 2012
Hi,
Can anyone confirm that he has an Atheros AR9271L wifi module connected to the M009s main board in his tablet and works fine with Uberoid v 10 ?
Help I think my wifi card is busted and undecided if i reorder the same make or an RT3070 based one.

sabrish

Apr 24, 2012
Even i have the same & mid tablet!!!....

have you used modems in this??

if so please tel me the procedure how to configure the settings for that??