7" Zt-180 Android v2.2: Questions & Your Experience

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
Hi all,

I live in Japan and am in the market for my first Android tablet. I came across a listing for a "ZENITHINK ZT-180-7" (7" 256RAM 4GB 1GHz running Android 2.2). I am very intrigued as it is inexpensive, running Android 2.2, and there is a good user community here where I can find support (firmware, rooting, etc.). However it is the first time I've seen a listing for the 7 inch model (checking on the Zenithink site it should be the same hardware as the 10 inch version) and I don't see any other listings or any mention of it here in the forums.

Does anyone have experience with such a tablet? It's good points/bad points? As it will be my first tablet I'm not looking for a perfect experience -- mainly for (1) reading books & watching videos, (2) reading emails and (3) games/web surfing. However I do want to be able to play around with it (root, change firmware, etc.) to see what I can do with it and what I will want/not want in future tablets.

Some questions: 1) Can it dual-boot Android & Wince? If not is it a dificult process to switch between the two? 2) Can it play Flash 10.x? What I've read on these forums seem to suggest only Cortex A8/A9/+ processors can play the files. 3) Is the version of Android 2.2v stable or an incomplete version?

Thanks for all your help,

JDoumo

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
I should've included a link (http://dokidokido.com/category/zenithink/zt1807/index.htmlhttp://dokidokido.com/category/zenithink/zt1807/index.html) and a pic:
$zt180.jpg

It doesn't seem to look like the Sylvania (SYNET7LP) at least and I did find it on a China site: ZT-180 7 inch Android 2.1 Wireless LAN 802.11 Laptop. The prices on the site seem very low and I can't find any reviews of the site so don't think I'd trust them to order.

Does this mean you don't recommend it? The Japanese site also has the 10" ZENITHINK ZT-180 2, would either that or the 7" be a decent buy? I guess I should post again in the "What should I buy..." thread about my current choices (ZT-180, A81E+, APAD IMX515) though as I'm spending a lot of time "researching" this maybe I should just get a Coby 7015 or the similar E7002H as there seems to be a large user community.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Turns out I guessed wrong. Never seen this before. This also means I have no idea how you would get firmware updates for this thing, if that is important to you. The price is about right for that tablet.

Go for tablets with a large community. I do not know if the branded Coby MID7015 is sold in Japan. The unbranded variant, the EM71, is coming from at least a few factories. Cube U6 is a popular branded TCC8902 right now that works alright. Even shanzhai brands tend to be better than unbranded products.

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
Completely agree that a large user community is key, especially as I want to "play around" with whatever I get. Unless you are totally against it, I think I'm going to go with the A81E+ -- has a decent sized community, been around for awhile, runs 2.2, can run Wince (which I have some experience with), has GPS (won't work well but will at least give me a sense of it I want it in future tablets), and is only about $15 ($259) more than if I bought it from Merimobiles with the recommended express shipping.

I couldn't find anything about the Cube U6 or EM71 and the Coby 7015 isn't sold here -- one place has it (brought it in in their luggage?) and is only $25 less than the A81E+. If you really recommend it over the A81E+ then I'll probably order it in the US and have a relative ship it to me.

I'm really hoping to have something to play with this year so that there will be something I'll really want when I can get back to the states during Xmas and there will be a range of better quality low-cost tablets.

Thanks.

JDoumo

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Just checked the Zentihink webpage. They do make mention the 7" device, but it is supposed to launch later this year. The webpage might just be wrong, but Zenithink does not have a firmware page setup for it yet. I do see Taobao listings, so the device is legit. But it also means this is probably the first batch, which usually means that it can be buggy.

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
Definetely would want to avoid the first batch of any of these, so, if you had to choose between the Coby 7015 and Wits A81E+ (assuming the price was roughly the same) which would you go for?

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
Hi all,

I live in Japan and am in the market for my first Android tablet. I came across a listing for a "ZENITHINK ZT-180-7" (7" 256RAM 4GB 1GHz running Android 2.2). I am very intrigued as it is inexpensive, running Android 2.2, and there is a good user community here where I can find support (firmware, rooting, etc.). However it is the first time I've seen a listing for the 7 inch model (checking on the Zenithink site it should be the same hardware as the 10 inch version) and I don't see any other listings or any mention of it here in the forums.

Does anyone have experience with such a tablet? It's good points/bad points? As it will be my first tablet I'm not looking for a perfect experience -- mainly for (1) reading books & watching videos, (2) reading emails and (3) games/web surfing. However I do want to be able to play around with it (root, change firmware, etc.) to see what I can do with it and what I will want/not want in future tablets.

Some questions: 1) Can it dual-boot Android & Wince? If not is it a dificult process to switch between the two? 2) Can it play Flash 10.x? What I've read on these forums seem to suggest only Cortex A8/A9/+ processors can play the files. 3) Is the version of Android 2.2v stable or an incomplete version?

Thanks for all your help,

JDoumo

Do you want to know this tablet pc?
13006956530.jpg

I've used this tablet PC ,It is a good tablet ! I used it to do mang things 。For example:( play games reading/reply e-mails and reading ebook etc)
It can't supports flash 10.1 , Currently only support android 2.2