7012 no sound...

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I'm not sure why but it seems the sound stops working.
All sound, no matter what the app is, stops.

Restarting the unit fixes the problem, but I don't when it stops.

Any ideas will help

Sent from my Android.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I have not tried the headphone jack, but I have a theory.... That any app that I use where I've told it to mute the sound may send a general command to the system to mute everything.
I'm going to test this theory this week and go thorough all my apps and turn the sound on on all of them and then just turn the volume down when I use those apps I don't want to hear the sound.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Well, I ennabled sound one everything.
But it still did not help.

I've gettinga message from time to time tha the google framework has stopped working. Everything seemed to be working ok, but I have a feeling that may be killing the sound.

I'll check it the next time it happens.
I can always uninstall the google framework an reinstall when I need it.
I'd have to find a standalone calender and address book, but I'd gain a lot of RAM back!

Sent from my Android.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Still no progress. So far all my therioes have not worked. Still no sound intermittantly.

Sent from my Android.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Have you tried using the headphones when the speaker had no sound? It's muted also?

If sound works with headphones then you probably have some sorte of software conflict. I would restore the original firmware or use 'Factory reset' in settings and install one app at a time to test which one is the culprit.

If even when using headphones it has no sound, then it can be either a software or a hardware issue, because even if you mute one app you should be able to change volume levels in Settings -> Sound.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
Still have the problem.
Deleted the google framework and the market.

Will see whar happens.

Sent from my Android.