7022 and Bluetooth

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Hey all

Just browsing through the system files on my tablet and I noticed several files / directories relating to Bluetooth.

I did a quick search and it seems that some Bluetooth dongles work and others don't, does anyone know why this is? And can anyone recommended any standalone adaptors that work with this tablet?

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It seems that 7022 (like other Telechips based tablets) goes to "USB host mode" automatically. So if you see something related to Bluetooth in Settings -> Wireless & Networks, simply connect a BT dongle using the provided OTG cable then enable it (toggle setting on).

I am using a generic Vista-compatible BT dongle, similar to this one: Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme but any USB 2.0 device that doesn't require drivers should work.

JerryScript

Mar 12, 2011
It seems that 7022 (like other Telechips based tablets) goes to "USB host mode" automatically. So if you see something related to Bluetooth in Settings -> Wireless & Networks, simply connect a BT dongle using the provided OTG cable then enable it (toggle setting on).

I am using a generic Vista-compatible BT dongle, similar to this one: Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme but any USB 2.0 device that doesn't require drivers should work.

Could you clarify, did you use the one from the link you posted, or from a link on that page that has support for "native bluetooth stack": Super Mini Bluetooth 2.0 Adapter Dongle (Vista Compatible) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've just bought one with similar package in a local store. It's "generic" (i.e. no brand), I have just included the pic so you could see some specs. I don't know if it will work on 7022, I know it does in my MID1024 running a custom firmware, and I know 7022 can't run 3G dongles. First thing to do is make sure you have an option to turn on BT in settings. If you don't, it won't work no matter what dongle you try to use...

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011

Thanks, that may be what I was missing, I'll check that out.

Edit: No luck, I have a bluetooth dongle that looks identical to that one and I'm not having any luck. The adaptor doesn't flash the way it does when connected to a PC and I have no options regarding bluetooth in Wireless and Networks.

Last edited: