7022 Custom Rom

jpauley

Jul 24, 2011
Anyone been over to Kyros Tablet Zone? I poked my head in and saw what they are calling a ROM MOD Patch for the 7022. You have to sign up and become a member before you can check it out.

For those that are interested....

IC4_ MSX_GTS_160_22_7_KTZROM_MOD_UPDATE Features:

Introduces Graphic Changes
New Home Screen Task Bar
New Home Dock with 3x
Browser, Apps and Settings Access
Wallpaper Now Included and Integrated for
Ice Cream 4.0 (12) + 2 Bonus = 14 Total
Also introduces programming changes
for 2.3.7
Beefed up performance
Beefed up WiFi
Full Rotation on Home
Screen and Home App Dock
Updated all Fonts to 3.2
New Keyboard
Integrated

I have it installed and am currently testing this out. So far not issues to report.

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
that's awesome ive been wating for something to put my 7022 that works, can you watch hd videos on it?

jpauley

Jul 24, 2011
I have noticed a couple of issues with this ROM:

The last row of the keyboard in landscape mode is not very friendly, you have to touch the upper portion of the button you would like to use.

The Calendar sync is broken, can't get anything to sync with it however the contacts synced with no issue.

Email notifications are not showing in the notifications bar.

That is all I have noticed since I installed, posted a message on that board to see if there is a resolution.

I was able to play an HD video with this

reaper420

Nov 7, 2011
I installed it last night and discovered link2sd does work right either you have to remount the second partition every time you turn the tablet on. other than that id say its a pretty good change from stock

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Maybe it's related, but it seems that Google syncing stops working after a while in most Gingerbread CFWs for Kyros for some unknow reason (other people with other devices also complain about this), so that why you don't see notifications for new email. Restarting the tablet fixes it, for a while...

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Is this the one from that one guy? Last time I checked it was just build.prop changes/additions... Don't see a link anymore and my favorites were erased a while back

EDIT: Just looked at it. It's still just build.prop changes along with framework-res and systemui changes.

Last edited:

jpauley

Jul 24, 2011
I flashed back to before the upgrade and then applied this upgrade again. The only issue I am having is the calendar is not syncing, the option is now gone to enable the sync. If you like having your calendar sync with your tablet then you should probably skip this upgrade.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I flashed back to before the upgrade and then applied this upgrade again. The only issue I am having is the calendar is not syncing, the option is now gone to enable the sync. If you like having your calendar sync with your tablet then you should probably skip this upgrade.

if you unzip his file you could just push over the system-ui.apk and framework.apk using root explorer/es file explorer and also push over the build.prop then restart. That way all the apps included arnt pushed over.