7022 Help (Can't restore)

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
I might be able to help I had this issues to with my first tablet. You can try flashing a custom lk.rom file. Ill pm it to you later. Btw you need to be able to fastboot atleast.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I appreciate any help I can get thank you - but doesn't this involve the FWDM (or whatever it's called) mode, and I thought the lk.rom file didnt exist; and also that anyone who messes something in that mode ends up with a total (not partial) brick :)

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Recovery? I never uploaded a recovery, I put together a flashable stock. You need cwm install the flash the stock zip.
7022-signed.zip

Alright here's what I did to make sure I didnt miss anything. Cleared dalvik, wiped cache partition, then went to mounts and storage and formatted data, boot, system, cache. Then installed from zip your 7022-signed.zip folder.

Result:
1) Loaded right into desktop with no unlock screen, touchscreen doesn't work, after 5 seconds tablet turns off on its own.
2) Rebooted, touchscreen works fine now, can unlock. Went directly to settings to see if wifi can be turned on, crashed again.
3) Rebooted again, touchscreen doesn't work, but pushed power button to turn off screen, power button again turns it on, ts then works, still crashes after 15 seconds of being on.
4) Took out SD card, no change.
5) Rebooted one last time, went in quickly into wireless and turned off wireless to see if perhaps it was crashing trying to find ip or something, still crashes.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
you may need to do a few reboots to get touch screen working, if not working after 3 reboots go into cwm and restore only your boot.img

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
your boot.img is on your sdcard in your cwm backups, you can flash it via fastboot, if after 3 reboots your touch screen is not working

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
I have 5 different boot.img files - yours (maintains crashing issues), the cm7 with wifi and all working, one 2.3.3 without a working screen, and one with a 2.3.3 with a working screen but wifi keeps coming back 'error' when I try to turn it on.

Every single one after 'advanced restore' in cwm5 were the same as before. I then tried fastbooting your boot img in case the one on my sd card was f'd. worked like before, but

this time I tried to very quickly get into the wireless settings, turned it on, got bars and connected! --- right before it crashed again. Typically it looks like I have about 40 seconds of working tablet (other than the weird not recognizing the sd card and saying it's ok to eject it instead of just reading the damn thing, yet reads off of the sd fine in cwm5). This is promising that the HW is working just fine, it's a sw issue. Suggestions as to a recourse now?

Should I attempt yet again the ICS or do you think that wouldn't change the 40 second crash issue?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok that is weird your mbr isn't stock, have you or anyone else flashed a lkrom? Your mbr only responds to cw7 which isn't really for coby, while it may work on coby it was designed for another company.

If you look in system/wifi on your cw7 and also on your 2.3 you will see files with the same name, copy the one's from cw7 to 2.3 make sure you change to same permission, then reboot using your own boot.img not mine.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
cw7 was built for ConCorde tab 7020, which is similar to coby 7022 but not the same, biggest difference coby mbr can use both boot.img while ConCorde tab 7020, can only use its own. the coby boot.img is causing your tablet to crash, but your tablet runs the ConCorde tab 7020 boot.img without crashing.

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Ok that is weird your mbr isn't stock, have you or anyone else flashed a lkrom? Your mbr only responds to cw7 which isn't really for coby, while it may work on coby it was designed for another company.

If you look in system/wifi on your cw7 and also on your 2.3 you will see files with the same name, copy the one's from cw7 to 2.3 make sure you change to same permission, then reboot using your own boot.img not mine.

I have not done any lkrom flashing (probably can answer with great assurity because that's the first I've heard the term).

The Tablet crashes even if I dont do anything with the wifi and leave it off, and dont touch anything, and gets an ip fine if it is on and works, so is it assumed then that it's not the wifi causing the crashing?

Off of the cyanogen website it specifically says coby 7022 for that file as seen here if you scroll to the very bottom, it's the first on the telechips list there. That said, if I'm picking up what you're putting down, I should be able to find a ConCorde tab 7020 boot.img, which will flash the boot.prop file and work? Also, if this works, can I then put on ICS and would it write the 7022 build.prop back to stock values and not the ConCorde 7020?

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot with me.

EDIT: There's a wordfile which makes no sense to me but is attributed to the 7022 from cyanogen's website. If it helps you at all...

2nd Edit: Wait a minute - that means that if I can find a coby 7022 "lkrom" and somehow amend that to the mbr, that should in theory fix my problem?

3rd Edit (sorry): When I was flashing sometimes it would report back .android-secure something or other not found, skipping step (if that changes anything), and also I had the build.prop file to reflect a different model before Starbucks F'd it up (Nexus S or a GT-i9300, I can't recall which).

Last edited:

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Update - tried using the boot.img from the advanced restore and swiping it from the backup that the cm7 used (working wifi etc) - didnt even boot, just instantly went into fastboot mode.

canx2k

Mar 1, 2012
Another update for your Vampire - Used the 'this is for 7022 only' lk.rom walkthrough, complete with the ICS7022.zip and have touchscreen, stable ICS, camera, etc.

Haven't tried HDMI yet, and the portrait/landscape change goes blankscreen then turns - takes a second (which I really dont mind since it is typically hypersensitive anyways). I frequently get the serial activate screen still which sucks, and every now and again I get some grey pixelation when the screen changes from one app to another. Only froze on me once in about 6 hours of toying with it. Pretty happy tho.