GoogleServicesFramework.apk
Maps.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
SetupWizard.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk

After installing these from the MicroSD Card the Home Button stopped working and when I connected the tablet to my desktop PC using the USB cable, the system was unable to see the MicroSD card.

Any ideas on which of the above apps would the offending one?

Already did a factory reset in prep to return the unit when I realized that the Home button was re-enabled

Thanks for help folks

afonsolage

Oct 27, 2011
The factory reset only erase the /cache and /data directories, those apks are instaled in /system directory. You made a backup before flashing this? And what version of gapps you flashed?

Best regards,

Afonso Lage.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
I don't think scooter24 flashed anything. Scooter:did you just use daprospectas method for installing the market? Because that is a known issue and it seems the only fix is to do a data wipe. This happened to me twice,and I still can't figure out what caused it. :)

Sent from my 7022

Scooter74

Oct 29, 2011
I don't think scooter24 flashed anything. Scooter:did you just use daprospectas method for installing the market? Because that is a known issue and it seems the only fix is to do a data wipe. This happened to me twice,and I still can't figure out what caused it. :)

Sent from my 7022

I don't remember whose recommended install i followed and in fact my first two attempts to download and unzip signed files failed. I found these files somewhere on one of these forums another android forum perhaps. These apk's are still on the SD card I have.

I did the full reset to factory spec wiping all data and programs - that's what makes me feel certain that one of more of the files or perhaps my method of installing is the source of the problem. I used the factory provided file manager to 'install' those programs. The wipe process is the one under Privacy Settings that states that it erases all data on the device. When you select it the last warning msg states that it will erase all data from the internal storage including Google acct System and App setting and Downloaded Apps. That sounds pretty complete. For safety of course I removed the sd card before completing the reset.

If anyone has link to a step-by-step process along with the right files to use.... I'd really appreciate the pointer in that direction.

Thanks.

By the way I picked up this 7022 from Toy R Us when they had a sale on it about 2 weeks ago - $144.00 They just listed the Archos Arnova 10 inch G2 4GB Tablet for $219.00 and they now have the 7022 for $159.99 Free shipping. Sorry Not trying to advertise for them but anyplace that has a good deal is worth mentioning. I got the Service plan on this 7022 cause I figure it has a higher chance of having serious issues and for the 40 bucks it seemed worth it this time around.

Thanks again for the help

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I would use the zip i provided with the latest files (included latest 3.X market). the ones from daprospecta where for froyo and not gingerbread.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Here is the newest market 3.3.11 + all the files needed to have market. 5. marketupdater is an optional file

Attachments

• $MarketInstall3.3.11.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:

Scooter74

Oct 29, 2011
OK all seems fine now after the reload. Market up and running, Gmail, then loaded Flash 11, Kindle and Nook reader apps. All seems fine including the home button function.

Used the following install order and only installed these apps from the list of apps I had on the sd card
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
The following files were not installed (Previously I did install these files.)
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter’
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
MarketUpdater.apk
NetworkLocation.apk

NOW anyone know what I can do to stop the thing from coming out of sleep mode every few minutes when I have wireless mode turned on. Just sitting around the house this is going to drain the battery pretty fast. Didn't I hear about some. app to fix that?

Thanks again for the help.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
OK all seems fine now after the reload. Market up and running, Gmail, then loaded Flash 11, Kindle and Nook reader apps. All seems fine including the home button function.

Used the following install order and only installed these apps from the list of apps I had on the sd card
  1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk
The following files were not installed (Previously I did install these files.)
GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter’
GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
MarketUpdater.apk
NetworkLocation.apk

NOW anyone know what I can do to stop the thing from coming out of sleep mode every few minutes when I have wireless mode turned on. Just sitting around the house this is going to drain the battery pretty fast. Didn't I hear about some. app to fix that?

Thanks again for the help.

https://market.android.com/details?...DEsIm9wb3RlY2guYWR2YW5jZWR3aWZpbG9ja2ZyZWUiXQ..

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
He does understand it. It is because of the wifi that the screen wakes randomly. Advanced wifi lock fixes that problem.

Sent from my 7022

Scooter74

Oct 29, 2011
Yes that is the problem AND I also think I noticed it happening when I put the critter into Airplane mode -It still did the wake up routine.

Where do I find the advanced wifi lock fix? I'll do a quick search right now.

Thanks

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Once the problem starts it won't stop until tablet is restarted. Airplane mode can be turned on with wifi still on so it wouldn't happen. If advanced wifi lock is installed it will not happen even with wifi off (as long as it is enabled)