7022 keeps rebooting or freezing at android logo screen

mooshyou

Aug 10, 2011
So my tablet was working fine and then all of a sudden this happens...here is the more detailed description that I actually emailed to the coby support team:

Hi,

I recently received the tablet as a gift and have not rooted or done anything major to the tablet. I used the method found on this website to add market without rooting (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html) and it has worked fine for a week or two. The screen would turn on and off randomly though. Last night I installed hackers keyboard from the market because I read online that it was faster than the stock keyboard and the next day I was unable to get the tablet to work. Turning it on, the Coby logo would flash and then the Android logo and then it would just stay at the android logo. Occasionally, if I reset the tablet using the button on the back I can get to the tablet to load to the home screen, but will soon reboot again and I can not even press any buttons or open any apps. I also had a Samsung class 4 8gb microusb in the tablet, but it gave me no troubles. I took it out just in case and tried restarting and I get the same results. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this issue or to hard reset/reformat the tablet and start over from scratch.

The response I got:
We do not provide any support of modifying the product.

-__- not very helpful as you can see haha...I'm hoping the forums here are a bit more helpful if not friendly so any help would be appreciated! I would hate to have to return the tablet, but it may be my only choice if I cannot fix this!

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
Vince

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
So my tablet was working fine and then all of a sudden this happens...here is the more detailed description that I actually emailed to the coby support team:

Hi,

I recently received the tablet as a gift and have not rooted or done anything major to the tablet. I used the method found on this website to add market without rooting (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html) and it has worked fine for a week or two. The screen would turn on and off randomly though. Last night I installed hackers keyboard from the market because I read online that it was faster than the stock keyboard and the next day I was unable to get the tablet to work. Turning it on, the Coby logo would flash and then the Android logo and then it would just stay at the android logo. Occasionally, if I reset the tablet using the button on the back I can get to the tablet to load to the home screen, but will soon reboot again and I can not even press any buttons or open any apps. I also had a Samsung class 4 8gb microusb in the tablet, but it gave me no troubles. I took it out just in case and tried restarting and I get the same results. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this issue or to hard reset/reformat the tablet and start over from scratch.

The response I got:
We do not provide any support of modifying the product.

-__- not very helpful as you can see haha...I'm hoping the forums here are a bit more helpful if not friendly so any help would be appreciated! I would hate to have to return the tablet, but it may be my only choice if I cannot fix this!

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!
Vince

The only thing I can think of is to do a factory reset.
1. Turn on device holding back button
2. When you get a android guy with an ! Inside a triangle, press the back button again
3. Now you should see an option to factory reset.
Not sure why Coby support didn't give you this suggestion. Hope this helps.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

mooshyou

Aug 10, 2011
Hmm.. okay I have done that, but once i get the android guy with the "!" in the triangle, pressing back does nothing. It's almost as if it freezes here. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help though trickbiker!

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
I've never had success access the stock recovery that way. You may want to read up on how to setup Android sdk. You can use the adb command to get into recovery that way. Once you have sdk setuo, type "adb reboot recovery" at the command prompt.

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011
Hmm.. okay I have done that, but once i get the android guy with the "!" in the triangle, pressing back does nothing. It's almost as if it freezes here. Am I missing something here?

You didn't do anything wrong you might to try through adb. Can you put an empty zip file on your microsd card and rename it update.zip see if that will get it to show the menu. I've always been able to get the stock recovery menu to show, probably because I always had an update.zip file in the micro sd card

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
You didn't do anything wrong you might to try through adb. Can you put an empty zip file on your microsd card and rename it update.zip see if that will get it to show the menu. I've always been able to get the stock recovery menu to show, probably because I always had an update.zip file in the micro sd card

Im thinking that is a must I never got it working with no update.zip present.

fun

Aug 19, 2010

please try to hold BACK until recovery menu is displayed from power on

trickbiker121

Jul 18, 2011

As magandangwahine said in a different thread you may need to go in to recovery several times before the menu shows up

I kept resetting and starting the process over again (maybe a dozen times) until i got the timing right and the back button brought me into the menu. Persistence paid off.

mooshyou

Aug 10, 2011
Hey guys,

just an update, I tried holding back and what not, but never got it to work. Didn't get a chance to put an update.zip file in there, but I received an email form the Coby Tech team saying my device is defective and to return it. Brought it back to Toys r Us and I have a brand new one! Thanks for all the help though guys! Now if i could just figure out what I did or what caused the defect so I don't do it again lol.

delsolboyz

Jul 4, 2011
Hey guys,

just an update, I tried holding back and what not, but never got it to work. Didn't get a chance to put an update.zip file in there, but I received an email form the Coby Tech team saying my device is defective and to return it. Brought it back to Toys r Us and I have a brand new one! Thanks for all the help though guys! Now if i could just figure out what I did or what caused the defect so I don't do it again lol.

Just a word of advice, if you have clockworkmod recovery flashed, and have your nandroid backup. you will not be afraid to screw anything up.