7022 Wifi speed problem

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Hey guys, if you have the 7022 and access to the market, could you download speedtest and post your results? I was at work and tethered my phones internet to the tablet and I couldn't get a speed higher than 0.5Mbs even on 4g. I thought maybe it was just my phone and I tested it again just now while I'm at home on my wifi connection and its the same. If this continues, I'll probably just bite the bullet and take it back and get the Transformer. I like this tablet but this is a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee issue for me. Thanks in advance.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
Hey guys, if you have the 7022 and access to the market, could you download speedtest and post your results? I was at work and tethered my phones internet to the tablet and I couldn't get a speed higher than 0.5Mbs even on 4g. I thought maybe it was just my phone and I tested it again just now while I'm at home on my wifi connection and its the same. If this continues, I'll probably just bite the bullet and take it back and get the Transformer. I like this tablet but this is a hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeee issue for me. Thanks in advance.

Hi daprospecta I did short test for you on my home WIFI I get 7.5 megs down and 1.5 megs up this right up to Access point, using my Nexus S on Tmobile 3G HSPA I got 2 megs down and 1 meg up at the best part of my house. I did install the market.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
I own also the Transformer with keyboard also and it a great tablet, The IPS screen is just as good as an Ipad 2 my friend has one and we compared side by side. however with dock is $550. The Transfomers measured 10 megs down on my home router.

epi

Jun 23, 2011
Having the same issue on my 7022. Wifi speed is fine once I push the reset on the back but the speed goes down to about 0.50Mbs after it goes into sleep and comes back out. Can you do an exchange at Toys R U? I got this two days ago there.

opamp

Nov 13, 2010
The Wifi problem is real issue I have tested this quite extensively. The speed drop occurs once the display goes blank for a minute or so. Once this happen only power down or hard reset on the back will fix the speed. Thinking the google framework was the cause I did a factory reset to stock downloaded speedtest from Appslib retested. If the display sleeps and you wake up the unit it happens. I tried airplane mode. wifi on/off. kill all apps using ES task Manger nothing by a full reboot works. So I set screen time out to 30 minutes and just use 7022 then shut it off and turn it on again. It's a real pain. If you can return the unit do so, There will be a lot of better tablets coming this summer. Toys are US return policy really sucks.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
The Wifi problem is real issue I have tested this quite extensively. The speed drop occurs once the display goes blank for a minute or so. Once this happen only power down or hard reset on the back will fix the speed. Thinking the google framework was the cause I did a factory reset to stock downloaded speedtest from Appslib retested. If the display sleeps and you wake up the unit it happens. I tried airplane mode. wifi on/off. kill all apps using ES task Manger nothing by a full reboot works. So I set screen time out to 30 minutes and just use 7022 then shut it off and turn it on again. It's a real pain. If you can return the unit do so, There will be a lot of better tablets coming this summer. Toys are US return policy really sucks.
hopefully they will do a release to fix this issue or cm7 will become functional whichever comes first.I'm going to try and root this tablet today and install fast boot to see if that will be a remedy. I still like it though but I'm holding out for the asus quad core coming this winter.this tablet will do fine until then

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

poseidon

Jul 6, 2011
Hi,

how can you turn it back up again after sleep mode? My screen goes black and goes to sleep and it won't back up again unless I hard reset the small button. I tried making the screen brighteness 50% but it doesn't work. the tablet just dies when it goes to sleep

Please help..

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I am also limited to 0.44mbps/0.39mbps My 2 tests when I first turned it on were 4.59mbps/1.80mbps and 5.52mbs/1.79mbs

P.S. I just sent a message to Coby regarding this problem. I encourage everybody to do the same so hopefully they add the device to their website and release an update to fix the problems.

EDIT: Even tried toggling wifi off before sleeping screen and toggling back on when waking up but problem is still there.

Also tried airplane mode on (Which netted me 7.89mbps/1.63mbps), I turned off wifi before turning off screen and woke up turned it back on still stuck at .41mbps.

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Does anybody know how to change the wifi sleep policy. My phone has the option to change it to Always Connected but i noticed that this does not have that option. What apk controls that maybe we can install an updated wifi settings menu?