7024/8024 soft buttons

javier2

May 2, 2011
Hi, Does anybody know an app or how to disable-enable soft buttons? , I think you also are tired of touching by accident, designers could not find a worst place to locate them!

vetteman72

Jun 14, 2011
I couldn't agree more! I get so frustrated when I accidentally touch those stupid buttons! Would love to be able to disable them.

h0t1ce

Jul 4, 2011
On a froyo custom rom you can simply remove the ata2538.ko driver (or not include it during installation). As for doing it on the stock rom, I don't know if once rooted (partially rooted) we can remove the module). I use ButtonSavior to get the missing buttons on screen once the hard buttons are deactivated.

cheers

Last edited:

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
The browser button is simply unbearable. It is nearly impossibe, when in landscape mode, not to press it. I,d love to be able to disable it

Sent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
YES the soft buttons are a real PAIN. At lease they have a 'back' button.

Anyway I was told about an app called 'Toddler Lock' they use on their phone if their kid is out of control in the car etc. I tried it with my 2 yr old granddaughter and somehow it ignores the soft buttons!! Odd.

Aug 4, 2011
And what a program does Toddler Lock? It blocks most of these soft keys? all or may be a choice? And where to find it?