7024 HDMI out: No sound carried through

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
This isn't a technical issue I don't think, so I didn't post it there. When I hook the 7024 up via HDMI, there is no sound carried through. The sound does still come from the 7024's speakers. I can't say that I'm surprised by this ... just disappointed a little. It would be nice if the sound were carried through to the TV speakers. The video is good though in my opinion (in higher resolutions obviously).

I am still curious if that's everyone else's experience...no sound via HDMI.
Thanks.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Under settings - sound - hdmi switch has no check by default. Have you tried checing that and see what happens? I don't have a mini hdmi adapter to test it out myself.

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
DOH! Now I feel like a big idiot. :eek: I never selected that option. I'll try it out when I get home this evening. I'm sure that's it. Thanks Dave!

rockdawg

Apr 19, 2011
Sorry for not responding sooner. Yes, that was it. Just had to switch the sound to the HDMI. You see a clone of the tablet screen. Works great! I still have the high frequency issue with the headphone port, but the sound from HDMI is fine. Thanks again for the tip on that. I still feel like an idiot about it, but now I'm all the wiser. LOL