7024 Not Charging

bburns591

Apr 17, 2011
I've had my 7024 for 5 days and its been working just fine. I've already charged it 2-3 times in the last couple of days and this morning i plug it in and it won't charge. Its currently at 34% and i have it shut off. I can still connect via USB. And i've tried plugging the wall charger into different outlets and it still won't charge. Is there anything else that i can try before i consider it defective and return it?

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
You are not getting the red light flash on your power button? If it were me, I'd just return it for a replacement.

bburns591

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for the response. Correct, no flashing red light. I guess i'll be replacing it.

sinofian

Apr 4, 2011
Is the LED on the power supply lit?

When I first got mine, every time I would plug the charger in, the LED would light and then slowly fade out. Only after I plugged it in with the Kyros attached and turned on did it work... & it's been fine ever since.

bburns591

Apr 17, 2011
I didn't notice a LED on the charger. I'll have to double check that. But i did all of the following with no success:
-Plug the charger in with the Kyros attached, powered off (let sit for 5-10 min)
-Plug the charger in with the Kyros attached, Kyros powered off and then booted the Kyros
-Plug the charger in with the Kyros attached, Kyros powered on
-Plug the charger in, then attached the Kyros, powered off (let sit for 5-10 min)
-Plug the charger in, then attached the Kyros with the Kyros powered off, booted the Kyros
-Plug the charger in, then attached the Kyros with the Kyros powered on

Also tried resetting back to factory defaults and pressing the reset button.

In all cases the red light on the Kyros did not start flashing red, indicating that it was charging. If I have time I might try a different adapter, but at this point, i've already received an RMA# and will be returning it for a replacement.

Thanks.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
Its 5 days old. If the charger is dead than it was defective. There is no way of knowing what caused the charger to die or what other damage was caused to the tablet in the process. Now on the other hand if it was out of warranty you could try another charger instead of paying Coby high repair costs. Just go for the exchange unit.

8AA

May 16, 2011
I hate to admit that I did this, but I had a similar problem with my tablet. It ended up that I was plugging the charger into the headphone jack. Needless to say, plugging it into the correct jack fixed the problem.

bburns591

Apr 17, 2011
It was the charger that died. I have since received a replacement AC Adapter and have had no problems charging the tablet.

Rondogg

May 12, 2011
LOL at plugging the charger into the headphones - I did the same thing!

Just awful product engineering, especially when they got so many things right!

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
I hate to admit that I did this, but I had a similar problem with my tablet. It ended up that I was plugging the charger into the headphone jack. Needless to say, plugging it into the correct jack fixed the problem.

hehe your not alone :) i also did it..

yungdiallo360

May 18, 2011
what happen if i am getting a flashin red on power button? i just receive a new charger from coby but since i plug it in the tablet is flashing red but not charging . i plug it for more than 15 hours. can you or anyone help me please? and i lost my receipt so cant do nothing. please hellppppppppppp

yungdiallo360

May 18, 2011
i am receivin a flashing red ligth but it not charging at all. it stayin on 0% for the whole night. please some advice i can . help me pals. and also how to boot the tablet?

Darkmo

May 12, 2011
I have the model 8024 and when I first charged it the power button does flash red meaning it is charging. Once it has charged it changes to solid blue color. Does the tablet work with it plugged in? Not sure if you can do this or not.