7042 - Out to TV via Mini-HDMI

Crue

Apr 11, 2012
Ok i have my device rooted and everything seems fine so far. However when I try to hook my device up to my tv via min-hdmi cable i am missing the option to output to tv in the display and sound options. I never tried before root, but I don't recall seeing the option there.

If you view this video on Coby's website on how to connect the device to a tv it says to switch on the output to hdmi in display and sound options. Can someone that has not rooted and loaded a custom rom on their device verify if the option is there?

http://www.cobyusa.com/?p=prod&prod_num_id=10596&pcat_id=3001

Does anyone know how to get this option installed? Would really like to use this device to show videos in my presentations.

Thanks
Crue

Last edited:

Crue

Apr 11, 2012
Well it looks like I found the problem. Bad HDMI port on the device. We have 5 of these and 4 work fine. Just appears the device is not getting a good connection. Found out that Coby's return process takes 6 weeks. Not sure what to do because I use this daily for work and will need it in the time frame.

bvn

Jun 11, 2012
Errrrr ... I'm not "rooted" and it worked out of the box. Thanks for the "put". I am RMA'ing mine for another problem and am adding this to my acceptance test suite for the replacement.
--- TTFN