7042 Root and Restore Issues

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Still a noob here.

Rooted my 7042 but could not get Google Play to work. When I would tap the icon it flash like it was loading for a split second and then go back to the main screen.

So...I broke down and tried rooting again using LiveSuit and the cfw_coby_7042_4.0.3_0.1.zip method and here we are again. I can get the tablet to boot up about once in every 5 times but when I try to turn on USB debug the tablet crashes so I can not connect to the computer using PdaNet.

I think I managed to back up my files this time using steev files so they are on my desktop.

How can I restore this thing back to stock using the SD card? What files do I need to put on it and where? I put the recovery, boot and bootloader files on the card but when I'm in recovery I don't see any files.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Whenever I try to enable usb debugging the tablet crashes, so I currently can't hook it up to my computer.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
wireless adb. Haven't heard of wifi. I have to go to work in awhile but I will keep checking the post. Thanks vampirefo.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Will this work if I can't enable usb debugging? Everytime I've tried to do that the tablet crashes.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
If I can't get wireless adb to work is there a way to restore by putting files on the sd card?

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Finally found an apk file for adbwireless and copied it over from the computer to the tablet. Installed it but everytime I try and start it, the tablet crashes. Seems everytime I try and start something that wasn't originally installed on the tablet it crashes. This leads to 5 or 6 reboots just getting it up and running again.

Any suggestions?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Do you have a file manager with root permission or a terminal app that is working? And root that is working?.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
It has ES file manager (Pretty sure that's the name, I'm at work now without the tablet) installed. The tablet is rooted but not stable. When it's running I can move files back and forth from my PC.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok as long as you have root and can move files. place the recovery.img in /system then make a script copy and paste if you want, use other than notepad as it doesn't write correctly.

#!/system/bin/sh

if busybox test ! -f /system/recovery.img; then
echo no /system/recovery.img
exit 1
fi

cat /system/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg
sync; sync; sync

echo done

save as install-recovery.sh place /system/etc/ set permissions then reboot this will install recovery, after full reboot, you can boot into recovery via volume up silver button on power, release power when you see coby.

once in recovery you will have adb, push one of my roms to sdcard and use cwn to factory reset and install rom.

Last edited: