7042 USB Debugging Crashes Tablet

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
After a jillion more reboots....

Have to say if they are I don’t see them. Here’s a list of the folders that come up on my tablet.

.adobe-digital-editions
.android-secure
.estrongs
Alarms
Backups
DCIM
Digital Editions
Download
eBooks
LOST.DIR
Movies
Music
Notifications
Pictures
Podcasts
Ringtones

When I start a terminal this is what I get when it starts

App_45@android:/ $ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
App_45@android:/ $

A file search from windows doesn't show any directories called /data/local/tmp and system/bin

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Last edited:

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks Vampirefo. It's stuck again but will try that.

Strange thing is I don't have the sdcard installed at the moment. I just hooked up the tablet to my pc and those are the directories that came up. I have typed su in the terminal, in the past, but didn't pick up on different folders showing

And I had typed su in the terminal before I tried your commands BTW.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks Vampirefo. It's stuck again but will try that.

Strange thing is I don't have the sdcard installed at the moment. I just hooked up the tablet to my pc and those are the directories that came up. I have typed su in the terminal, in the past, but didn't pick up on different folders showing

the sdcard is the internal memory, you don't need to insert a sdcard to have those folders they are created on internal. Have you set up your file manger as root? and check the box to allow it to go to /, my guess is you haven't so file manger wont go above sdcard.

Go in to preferences and check root options and mount system as rw, and check to allow file manger to go to /.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
I will check but I'm back to rebooting multiple times again. When I get it back up and running I'll report back. I'm guessing not if they don't default to the above settings.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
That's what I'm using too. I don't have too many shots at trying to do much before I end up back in multiple reboots but I don't see a settings icon in ES file explorer. Been able get into the tablet settings and check a little bit, as well as the program itself. Where is the ES file explorer settings located at? Need to get directly there rather than messing around due to the crashes. I have the latest versions of both ES file explorer and task manager. Thanks.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That's what I'm using too. I don't have too many shots at trying to do much before I end up back in multiple reboots but I don't see a settings icon in ES file explorer. Been able get into the tablet settings and check a little bit, as well as the program itself. Where is the ES file explorer settings located at? Need to get directly there rather than messing around due to the crashes. I have the latest versions of both ES file explorer and task manager. Thanks.

open es explorer at the bottom of screen you see back, home, recent apps, volume down, volume up, three dots, these dots are menu, press three dots, then press settings scroll down til you see root settings.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Finally was able to get it done. CWM 5.5.0.4 seems to be installed but tablet is still very unstable. Is there a next step? If I go to your "How to restore your 7042, 8042, 9742 dump" post and try that, it hangs when I try to format/system.

Last edited:

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Vampirefo,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your help along the way with this issue. In the end I found a livesuit file that put my tablet back to working order but I have since installed your CWM 6.0.1.1 which in turn allowed me to install the "Aurora ICS 4.0.3 Mobiz V.2 Modified to work on Coby 7042 and 8042" from another one of your posts. Life is good right now with just one question I still have on Google Maps, but I will start a separate thread on it.

Again, thanks for your hand holding along the way. It enabled me to figure some of this stuff out.