7125: restarts, usb port broken?

daisy_cat

Mar 17, 2012
On February 10th we ordered two Coby 7125 tablets from amazon; one for me and one for my sister. They arrived February 18th, so we'll have had them in our possession a month tomorrow.

I love mine. But it gets rather annoying because it will randomly restart, without warning regardless of what I am doing at times. And the USB port was never 'tight' like it should have been but now it's so loose it's broken, if that makes sense. Today I tried to plug in my external keyboard and its so loose the metal insert almost came right out with it, and I can't plug it into the computer, either. My computer tells me whatever I'm trying to plug in is 'malfunctioned', or something like that. I wasn't forceful with it, just normal use.

According to their website it should be covered under warranty for a year. Will they fix both of these issues? Will they repair or replace it? Should I delete all my stuff if I send it in (pics, vids, etc). From the website it seems I need to call them and pay $15 shipping costs? Support - Product Warranty | COBY
Has anyone dealt with their warranty service before? Is it reasonable? How long does this usually take? etc?

I'm assuming there is no other fix, than to contact Coby?
I'm really disappointed as I love my tablet.

Thanks for any help