720P Video Playback Choppy

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by monk191, Dec 13, 2011.

1. monk191

monk191 Member

When I first got my A500 (Not Rooted), I loaded many H264 720P video files, which played fine with MX Player (very smooth). I was using the AppleTV preset with Handbrake (Since I am using an AppleTV as well), and had no problems.
    But now, none of the videos play smooth anymore. They will play fine for 5-10 seconds, then pause, play choppy for a little bit, then play smooth again. It seems to be connected to the amount of detail. (Shots with water splashing always slow down)
    I have tried MX Player, MoboPlayer and Dice Player. They will all play Hardware Accelerated. I seems to have happened since I upgraded to 3.2, but it may be something else as well. I don't seem to have many processes running, have tried playing after a restart, or with Airplane mode on, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,
    Brandon

2. Icebike

Icebike Senior Member

Why not handbrake over a few with a setting designed for something like the Xoom, (or anything that has the tegra chipset it it)?
    That might be a better fit.

AVI works pretty well for me. (But I use that miserable DVDFab, which I really can't recommend).