741E Stuck on Android Screen

TGB1

Dec 15, 2012
my 741e is stuck on the green android screen, i have went to the craig website and downloaded the firmware and have flashed it, still problem exists.

panor

Dec 22, 2012
my 741e is stuck on the green android screen, i have went to the craig website and downloaded the firmware and have flashed it, still problem exists.

encountered the same problem. I've tried a few other A10 Allwinner based ROMS however the touchscreen doesn't work:
At least you can install another ROM and at least with a USB hub use a mouse to re-enable debugging mode.

Gooseberry A721 ROM: Downloads | Gooseberry- An alternative to Raspberry Pi

eggiecpad

Jan 9, 2013
I'm at the same place with two of my 741e tablets. NOTE: DO NOT USE THE CRAIG WEBSITE RESTORE INSTRUCTIONS AND IMAGE --IT WILL TURN A FUNCTIONING DEVICE INTO ONE WITH THE ABOVE PROBLEM "STUCK ON GREEN ANDROID LOGO ON BOOT".

I went to the craig site, downloaded their rar file with the pheonixCard util and the 4.0 restore image which they provide in a rar, followed their instructions, and "poof" I'm stuch at the green android logo screen before the "android" (letters on black background) screen.

After not being able to fix my problem 741e, I went ahead and formatted the card with windows and stuck it into my second tablet (which it was where I borrowed external card before I started the fix for the other tablet), and ... after doing a restart the next morning
--- IT BOOTED FROM THE CARD AND FLASHED THE (NON-WORKING) CRAIG WEBSITE 4.0 IMAGE OVER MY WORKING TABLET
-- Which turned my good rooted tablet into the same green-android-logo single-image-digital-pictureframe like the first (bad) one.

SO BEWARE: you must go back into the pheonixCard utility and remove the hidden non-standard boot format on the card, just formatting in win7 doesn't remove its ability to brick your other tabs!!!.

I left a message on the craig website regarding this, but since the utility and instructions are written in chinenglish and the website looks like it was put together by a 5th grader marketing student, I hold little hope that they will either address the problem or post the correct restore image (they are probably just re-marketing and labeling someone else's hardware, so if anyone has another idea/source for a working restore image ....).

Bottom line: Do not use the craig website restore/ICS/4.0 utility and image, it will lock up a working device.
I'll give the gooseberry rom a go from panor's post above (thanks). will report success if I can flash, re-root and then restore from one of my working 741e tabs. (with instructions if it works).

zacanger

Aug 20, 2013
Not sure how sound the alternate firmware advice is. I just tried it on my 741e, which came in a black box (this, after trying the image on the Craig site). This alternate image just hung (the progress bar didn't advance at all), the edges of the screen flickered, and the speaker made crackling noises. This went on for about a half hour.

Anyone have any other options?

UPDATE: after a lot of work with a bunch of tools I don't really understand how to use, my tab is finally fixed and back to (basically) stock.

Last edited: