77 year old newby

hoodymanboy

Jun 7, 2011
I have just purchased a new tablet and now hope to develope more knowledge of this system with your assistance. hoodymanboy.

morrighu

Jun 3, 2011
Welcome to the digital age. If you're anything like my parents (and my Dad is just a bit older than you), a tablet can be a huge help. There are several "accessibility" apps that do things like read the screen to you, allow you to alter the display settings for font size and contrast. I know that upping the font size for him and going with bold white text on black background did wonders for him. Dad now orders his medication on line, pays his bills, and manages to remain pretty independent thanks to his tablet. The Walgreens app lets him reorder his meds just by photographing the label. His bank has an app that makes it pretty simple to pay the bills. And, believe it or not, he likes playing Fruit Ninja.

MarkWF1

Jun 5, 2011
Welcome to the board HoodyManBoy,

Cool to see the older generation getting into the new tech. My dad recently passed away at 80yrs old and was so anti computer. It was almost impossible for me to get him to touch a computer. I think I could have gotten him into it with a tablet though and was just going to get him a Nook Color before he passed away.. As he loved to read and had piles of books.

Neat to see all the things that the tablets can do to make it a little easer on dealing with certain things.. I know for myself I don't lick a stamp, pay all my bills online. I haven't written a check in some years now.. Love what Tech has done for us in the new age, it's great!

Again welcome..

Yours through the screen

MarkWF1

SylvieB1984

May 17, 2011
Welcome aboard! I`m sure that any questions you have will be answered as there appears to be many intelligent people on this board.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Congratulations on trying something new and welcome to the forum.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
@morrighu, your avatar looks very much like a screen shot from a music video I've seen. Specifically, Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis.