8 Inch Irulu Tablet Just Bricked

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I have an 8 inch Irulu tablet I really favored. A few days ago, it just stopped booting up. When I press the boot button and hold it, the screen lights up a little but it doesn't boot and the bright screen goes off after a time. Does anybody have any guesses about why this is happening and what, if anything, I can do about it?

the-equalizer

Dec 20, 2017
I have an 8 inch Irulu tablet I really favored. A few days ago, it just stopped booting up. When I press the boot button and hold it, the screen lights up a little but it doesn't boot and the bright screen goes off after a time. Does anybody have any guesses about why this is happening and what, if anything, I can do about it?
Have you tried a safe boot? (hold volume down while starting it as normal).
Failing that I would try a factory reset (hold volume up and start as normal, in the menu that comes up use the volume buttons to navigate and power button to select).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Nothing different happens. How long do you have to hold these buttons. I held them down for half a minute.

the-equalizer

Dec 20, 2017
That means it can't perform the boot sequence at all, best case scenario is it will have to have the operating system reinstalled (re-flashed) or worst case scenario you have a hardware failure. In case of the latter it's a question of the repair being more expensive than replacing it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
To replace my dead (core dead) Irulu 8 inch tablet, I bought a 7 inch X33 IRULU with Android 6.1. This is a fine fast tablet. Very pleased with it (about $50 with shipping).

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
Then I let the new 7 inch tablet fall onto the rug from the bed (about 2 feet) and the video crashed--it became lines. I sent ot back for a refund. It was only about 2 weeks. I bought a 7 inch Acer One. I still have a good 10. inch Irulu tablet that works well, but I'm about to give up on Irulu.

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I went out and bought an Acer 7 inch tablet on sale. It works just tickety boo.