8048-4 kyros lreadt root"d no angry birds

geekwannabe

Dec 25, 2012
hi
little cliff note.

bought two 8048's to get kids off of using our cell phone. they are root with vamps root with superuser. google play works wel but some apps like angry birds tell me "deive not compatible" have searched found mostly threads that say buy better tablets but came across another with another solution simaliar im guessing to root tablet to be able to d aPP can anyone lead me to good thread or can help me in this thread? thanks.l

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If Angry Birds isn't compatible in Google Play, it's because you have missing permissions files as well as having a build.prop file not set to a device that is more compatible. The process for adding and changing these files isn't for someone new to rooting, so you might want to look for Angry Birds on Amazon's Appstore and see if you can download it there. Otherwise, search for the app on the Internet, copy it to your MicroSD, and install it.

Remember, your kids aren't going to care where the app comes from. All that matters is they have the app.

geekwannabe

Dec 25, 2012
I have tried using my microsd card from my phone that has the games on it. It only shows the apps that are already installed on the tablet itself under the apps in settings.
A friend did the rooting. Computers is his profession. Maybe we missed something a dole like you said.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have tried using my microsd card from my phone that has the games on it. It only shows the apps that are already installed on the tablet itself under the apps in settings.
A friend did the rooting. Computers is his profession. Maybe we missed something a dole like you said.

This has been covered in the 8048 compatibility thread, if you follow the direction in that thread you will have angry birds, as well as most apps.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
This problem also manifests itself with Facebook and Google Earth. All of them need to know where you are, and Coby tablets do not have network location by default. Therefore the app is incompatible in the Play Store. It can be sideloaded, and that's about the only way of getting it onto a tablet without jumping through too many hoops. It may be possible to use Amazon to install the app, but that depends on Amazon.

geekwannabe

Dec 25, 2012
i have tried all 3 of the root's you had posted in your thread. The custom rom wouldn't load. Told me it was (bad) not sure if i didn't get it on the microsd right or what. I would really love to have angry birds on these tablets. I even tried DL amazon from the play store it tells me the same thing. What should I do? Could I try and do a factory reset and do the your root's that away? Thanks