8048 - Installing to SD card

Sunbro

Dec 30, 2012
Having successfully unbricked my Tablet due to vamp's help (and now having google play) I decided to start downloading some apps only to find that 4gb of space is very small so I thought I would move my files to my 32gb SD card, sadly there seems to be no way to do this without modification. looking around the forum there are some posts on this but they are for the Allwinner chipset while mine in the Telechip.

As I have no interest in rebricking the thing. How exactly do you go about either getting the device to autoinstall to the external SD, Fool the device into thinking the external SD is the internal one or hell replacing the internal one (highly doubt the last one can be done.

Edit: would an Admin if they see this change the title to 8048 - Installing SD Card I seem to have gotten the numbers backwards.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You don't install apps to the MicroSD. All apps must be installed to /data/app and this cannot be changed by the average user. At most, a developer may be able to change the bootloader or kernel to have the various partitions work from the MicroSD, but that's an extremely complicated process

Sunbro

Dec 30, 2012
Well that's quite depressing I guess I'll live with only 4gb of space,I suppose I can use the 32gb MicroSD card for something.