8650 Unreliable Internet :/

MNML

May 23, 2011
Well on my wondermedia 8650 when I connect to my WPA wifi, it will stay connected for 2 or 3 minutes, then get disconnected. When on all my other devices I do not get disconnected, This is my first android device so I could quite porably be doign something incorrect.

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem?
Or does anyone know how to fix it?

Also if you need more specs:

Brand: WonderMedia
Model: WM8650
Android Version: 2.2
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9

Thanks very much!

KellyH

May 21, 2011
I'm finding that with mine, when it gets hotter and hotter from extended use that the antenna will randomly shut down. Not 'all the time' but a couple of times an hour once it gets running. I don't know if this helps you at all, but its all I've got. Sorry man.

Good luck!

KH

Jul 22, 2011
I have the same problem. Now, my ethernet won't even hook up. I can't get online at all. No wi-fi and no ethernet cable connection:(

fughetzer

Sep 15, 2011
Try turning wi-fi off and back on. Sometimes this works for me.

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum

M

metroman

Could be that your wireless channel needs changing.I have just purchased a 8650 tablet, having no problems at all.
Martin

Nov 1, 2011
its because the chinese, to save money do not add a internal antenna and this causes the card to overheat the onboard antenna is not designed for this kind of use i fixed the issue by soldering in a pcb laptop antenna i now have no issues even running the card at full power (18dbm)

ladyminx

Dec 8, 2011
I just bought a (rooted) wm8650 a couple weeks ago. I am having wifi connection problems as well. I can connect to my wireless router via my ipod touches and laptop with no problems. others can as well. But when I try and connect via my android tablet (wm8650) i can not most of the time. It connected once yesterday, then maybe less then 30 minutes later in disconnected. I could not reconnect for the life of me. Over heating antenna? That's what I'm reading over and over from one forum to the next. WTF!?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
When you use your tablet, you will notice heat at one corner. This is from the wi-fi antennae. It seems that these either work fine, intermittently or not at all based on the reports I see on various forums. If you can do Constintinevamp's fix, try it. Mine has never caused me any issues, either with the stock ROM or Uberoid, so I don't have any experience to pass on.

ladyminx

Dec 8, 2011
Thank You Cal67. I know when I made my purchase it came loaded with a special rom (not sure which one) I will try your suggestion. =)